Carven F/W 2011

Kenysha75

Reaction score
carven-fall-2011.jpg

Guillaume Henry’s Fall 2011 collection for Carven gives us a little bit of everything because it is made for real-life girls like you and I.

At the showroom yesterday I saw a modern collection of statement cocktail dresses, A-line skirts, cropped sweaters, adorable shorts, luxe wool coats with furry sleeves, sweater dresses, platform wedges, bags, suede cut-out boots, flared skirts and a tan leather jacket I must own before the end of 2011.

What stood out most were the plaid pieces. I especially loved the asymmetrical plaid top above which was paired with the burgundy skirt.

This collection is perfect for elegant girls about town in search of Parisian chic.

Guillaume Henry’s Carven collection is sold via Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Favourites: Baroque print dress paired with black cropped sweater and tan leather jacket

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Leighton Meester, Ginnifer Goodwin, Alexis Bledel, Lea Michele, Rihanna, Dakota Fanning, Kristen Stewart and Chloe Sevigny
redcarpet-fashionawards.com

DSC_1883.jpg
DSC_1884.jpg
DSC_1885.jpg
DSC_1886.jpg
DSC_1888.jpg
DSC_1890.jpg
DSC_1897.jpg
DSC_1899.jpg

I really like the top in the first picture as it really looks scottish with a very feminine style. This style is echoed at the bottom picture with the top in blue. Very nice.

However, the second & (especially the third) are quite the opposite. That black looks hideous to me.

fashiontv - Carven Backstage Fall 2011 Paris Fashion Week - fashiontv | FTV.com

Fashiontv - Carven Fall 2011 Show Paris Fashion Week - fashiontv |

by Mark Holgate
carven-rtw-fw2011-runway-09_092108204808.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg

After five seasons of Guillaume Henry showing Carven in a way that was so under the radar, it was positively shielded from the press, with almost only retailers beating a path to the house’s Rue Royale atelier to buy, buy, buy, everything changed Wednesday. Henry did three presentations at the Palais de Tokyo, with the sub-basement of the raw, industrial gallery space transformed into a Parisian street café. It’s wonderful to finally see his vision of the Carven girl—basically a Bonjour Tristesse type who likes her coats belted high and empire style, her skirts full and short, and an expected flash of eroticism with her décolleté framed with a collar—in a presentation-style show on ingénues whose lank hair only enhanced their youthful beauty. Not that holding off on being more visible during the Paris collections has done Henry or Carven any harm; on the contrary, it seems that every counterintuitive move—not showing, not pushing himself into the spotlight (he’s super modest), and not avidly pursuing dressing celebrities just to get the name out there—has worked in Henry's and Carven’s favor. Good old-fashioned word of mouth buzz about the clothes—hello, remember that in today’s era of saturation coverage?—has worked, especially given that the house has essentially kept its prices in the same range as 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, et al. And the buzz is only going to get bigger and better because of those very clothes. Henry worked those signature pieces, and enriched them with the likes of blanket-wrapped plaid blouses and dresses, roomy shouldered sweaters that finished with a nipped waist, with rococo, almost Fair Isle, patterns running down the sleeves, and yet more fantastic outerwear, with shrunken duffels, Simone de Beauvoir–in-the-library double-breasted forties coats with detachable hoods and leather elbow patches, and goat and rabbit fur fluffing the shoulders and sleeves. It was a strong, confident performance, but really, in the end, was that any surprise?
vogue.com

very interesting collection indeed, i especially love the dresses and jackets. individual pieces are very wearable and can easily be incorporated into the wardrobe, which is lovely

i really like all of this...
the shoes really got me too jane!

two things i don't usually like- platforms and loafers...
and yet- the combination is sooo good!

it's the kind of stuff that screams EXPENSIVE without anyone really knowing why...
cause it's actually quite toned down and quiet...

it's lovely-
thank you for the images kenysha

i agree with one of the reviews...
it's very 'bonjour tristesse'...
very french- very catherine deneuve...

feels like old school design...
from the old masters like YSL and givenchy---
with a bit of westwood peeking through...

i don't get why Carven isn't more popular. I'm crazy about this collection. It's simple but perfect. I love the cutouts, the layering, the design... The darkness of the show too and those glasses ^_^

I think the director at my school knows the designer and may get him to come talk to us. But it's not sure, apparently he's very shy :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->