Carven S/S 2025 Paris

I randomly found a Carven store at a mall in Shanghai and I was pleasantly surprised how everything looked, cut and feel. This feels totally off based.

At first glance you can easily think it was Toteme, The Row, etc., but what I enjoy about Louise Trotter’s Carven is that she’s confident enough to explore the frilly side of dressing that I think a lot of these “modern minimalist” brands are scared to do.

I also sense a confidence in her design approach bc she really lives the life she designs for and isn’t like the Proenza boys always trying to play catch up with Phoebe Philo

This is so good omg. These are pieces that need to be seen in motion. Louise has the rare talent of making minimalism not boring.

At first glance, I really did ask myself if the Olsen twins interfered, but to be honest, this is a million times more interesting and braver than what they normally do. I agree with the users who say that she is exploring more the playful side of dressing that modern minimalist brands are scared to do (and Phoebe actually did). However, while there are a few stunning looks in this collection, I wish that many silhouettes weren't so sloppy and unflattering. Some of them look like a failed experiment. I do absolutely love a couple of the shoes.

I like what Louise does. I think she should inject some of the playful/ironic touches she did at Joseph.

Was she designing for Joseph around 2015? Because the fall collection that year is one of my favorites of the 2010s. Sadly, the brand has sunk into boredom, but I used to like it around 9 years ago (I even own a piece from that time and still wear it a lot, because it still looks like nothing that those modern minimalist brands are doing). It was indeed very playful.

I love what she's done with Carven, but this collection feels a bit too complicated. Some of the silhouettes are too sloppy. It would have been a lot better if she showed more knitwear, some structured pieces. That said, some of the looks looked a lot better from the back. Otherwise, I really loved the casting, the natural hair and makeup, and the set.

Was she designing for Joseph around 2015? Because the fall collection that year is one of my favorites of the 2010s. Sadly, the brand has sunk into boredom, but I used to like it around 9 years ago (I even own a piece from that time and still wear it a lot, because it still looks like nothing that those modern minimalist brands are doing). It was indeed very playful.
She did Fall 2015. The one with the blankets skirts! I also loved this one and the chaotic layering of Spring 2017.

I saw a trench coat and a double face sweat on the Carven website and I was drooling over them.
But I was rather surprised by the prices. It was relaunched as a contemporary brand under Guillaume Henry and for the longest. Now, they are selling almost 3K coats! Ok…

But back to the collection.
I love Louise Trotter but isn’t it a bit too ambitious for a brand like Carven?
This kind of unreachable fashion is confusing.

I kinda love it but not sure it's giving entirely the Carven brand ethos.

I saw a trench coat and a double face sweat on the Carven website and I was drooling over them.
But I was rather surprised by the prices. It was relaunched as a contemporary brand under Guillaume Henry and for the longest. Now, they are selling almost 3K coats! Ok…

But back to the collection.
I love Louise Trotter but isn’t it a bit too ambitious for a brand like Carven?
This kind of unreachable fashion is confusing.
I didn't realize they hiked up the price like crazy. Weirdly enough their store are among the likes of Kenzo and Coach. Not sure if it will sell

I didn't realize they hiked up the price like crazy. Weirdly enough their store are among the likes of Kenzo and Coach. Not sure if it will sell
Carven was supposed to be the direct competition of Patou. Patou for it relaunch was totally marketed as a new Carven.
Because essentially, the brands that are mostly selling clothes like Isabel Marant, Ami and others are around that price point.

Now, they are going luxury. Ok, if we consider the fact that it’s a Couture brand, Ok. Maybe they are targeting Asia first but I doubt this will sell a lot.

I know I’m not spending 3900€ on a Carven coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->