Casey Johnson (Johnson & Johnson Heiress) Dies

brianna

Reaction score
Casey Johnson, an heiress to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, has died .. TMZ has learned.

She died in L.A. We're told the body was discovered this morning.

She was 30 years old. Her father is Woody Johnson -- owner of the New York Jets.

Johnson was arrested in November for grand theft -- the alleged victim was a former girlfriend.

Johnson was reportedly engaged to Tila Tequila. We spoke with Tila a few minutes ago. She says they were fighting last week and that Casey stayed at Tila's house on the 28th. Tila tried contacting Casey on the 29th because Casey had left her dogs behind. Tila says Casey's phone has been shut off since the 29th and she was not able to make contact.

Johnson -- who tweeted frequently -- last tweeted on December 29 at 1:13 AM.

The cause of death is undetermined.
tmz.com

Wow, that is so sad. I know she had diabetes...wonder if that played a role... Did she still have custody of her adopted daughter?

caseyjohnsondead.jpg

Well, I guess 2010 is picking up right where 2009 left off. TMZ reports that Johnson & Johnson heiress Casey Johnson was found dead in Los Angeles early this morning. The cause of death isn't known right now. Casey was just 30.

Casey's name was recently all over the internet for a few reasons. The first one was because she was arrested for allegedly stealing a bunch of her ex-girlfriend joo-ree. And just a few weeks ago, Casey and Tila Tequila announced they were engaged to be married. Casey was also working on getting custody of her adopted daughter back from her parents.

Tila Tequila told TMZ that she had not heard from Casey since December 28th. The two had a fight that day. Tila tried to call Casey the next day, but her phone was shut off. Tila hasn't Tweeted anything yet, but you know her page is about to explode.

R.I.P. Casey
DLISTED.com

I wish the media would stop describing her as Tila Tequila's fiancee, that little troll is an opportunist who is now spreading rumors about her being in a coma? Ugh, she's so annoying.

I read an article about Casey a year or two ago in Vanity Fair, right before she adopted her daughter, and she seemed happy...she was certainly intriguing. It's a shame things ended so tragically for her. But I guess all the money in the world really can't make one happy.

:shock:
I just saw it on x17online, it´s so sad.

Really surprised to hear this news. Really sad seeing as she was only 30 and has a daughter (who I read has been in her mother's custody for a while now).

This article written a few weeks ago gives me the chills... especially the grey gardens reference.

Baby-powder heiress Casey Johnson has flown to New York with her “fiancée,” Tila Tequila, to try to reclaim her daughter, Ava, from the Custody of her mother, Sale Johnson, and bring the toddler back to LA.

Casey adopted the girl from Kazakhstan two years ago over the objections of her aunt, Libet Johnson, who built an orphanage in Cambodia. But Sale took Custody earlier this year out of concern for little Ava’s safety.

“Casey is intent on getting her daughter back,” an acquaintance from LA told Page Six. But friends are distancing themselves from the increasingly erratic heiress.

“When I went to her rented house on Mulholland Drive recently, it was like Grey Gardens,” our source said. “There are dirty dishes everywhere and rotting food. There is graffiti on the walls. The pool looks like a swamp.”

Johnson’s father, New York Jet owner Woody Johnson, and the rest of the family recently restricted Casey’s access to funds because she repeatedly has refused to get the help they say she needs. She’s been in Rehab several times but has never finished the programs.

“She can’t pay her bills, so the electricity was cut off. She can’t put gas in her car,” said our source. “She’s been keeping her Porsche in the garage because she’s afraid it will be repossessed.”

Tila and Casey announced their engagement this month with a video they Posted Online of themselves in bed wearing only bras and panties.

As Casey smiles in an apparent stupor, Tequila rants: “Look at this ring. Its 18-carat because my baby is ballin’. We are going to make love tonight for our honeymoon . . . She adopted a baby, Ava, and I love children. We already have a family. We are going to buy a house together and, once we get situated, throw an engagement party.”
nypost.com

Wow. A death this early in 2010? Really sad, I can't imagine how Tila is feeling right now. :(

The Jets announced Monday that Casey Johnson, a daughter of the team’s owner, Woody Johnson, had died in Los Angeles. The cause of the death was undetermined. Ms. Johnson was 30.

Ms. Johnson, whose great-great-grandfather was a co-founder of the Johnson & Johnson health products manufacturer, grew up on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. She and her socialite cohorts, including Paris and Nicky Hilton, the hotel heiresses, were featured in the 2002 documentary, “The It Girls.”

"The Johnson family is mourning its tragic loss, and asks for privacy during this very difficult time," the Jets said in a statement.

Ms. Johnson’s death capped several months in which she drew tabloid headlines for her tempestuous relationships and public behavior. In a rambling, racy Web video last month, Ms. Johnson and Tila Tequila, a reality television star, announced their engagement. The couple, never bashful in their displays of affection, became favorites of the paparazzi.

“This is a very heartbreaking time for me,” said Ms. Tequila, on Twitter, requesting privacy “as I deal with the loss of my Fiancé Casey Johnson.” She added that her “heart is shredded.”

Diagnosed with diabetes as a child, Ms. Johnson wrote a book with her father and mother, Sale Johnson, in 1994, “Managing Your Child’s Diabetes” (Mastermedia). Her illness drove her father’s passion for treating the disease, and he serves as chairman of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Ms. Johnson is survived by her parents, two sisters and a daughter, Ava-Monroe, whom she adopted from Kazakhstan in 2007. The news of her death was first reported by TMZ.com.

The Johnson family name is one of the most prominent in the country, with interests in sports, health care, business and philanthropy through the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Mr. Johnson bought the Jets football team in 2000 for $635 million.

Ms. Johnson appeared to have an ambivalence toward the fame her lineage brought her. “You really have to get to know why someone wants to be your friend. I’ve learned that the hard way,” she said in a 2007 interview with Life/Style Television. “I’m Casey Johnson. I’m not, ‘The Johnson & Johnson Girl.’”

Ms. Johnson’s cousin, Jamie, produced the documentary “Born Rich” in 2004, in which he interviewed 11 other heirs to similarly vast fortunes, exploring the ways in which inherited wealth had often been, in effect, a curse on their later lives.
nytimes / january 4, 2010

Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. She has passed away. Thank u for all ur love and support but I will be offline to be w family
This is a very heartbreaking time for me. I just want some pricacy as I deal with the loss of my Fiance Casey Johnson. I'm heart is shredded
I just got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma!!! Omg please pray that she will make it! Hang in there my love please!!!
I know u can feel me Casey! Dot let go! I'm almost home baby please hang on! We have a beautiful life planned out for us! I LOVE u! Hang on!
I'm still in shock! Once again thank U for the outpour of love and support. I just wish to have some privacy at this heartbreaking time.
R.I.P my Angel. @caseyjonsonJnJ u will forever be in my heart! I love u so so much and we will Marry when I see U in Heaven my Wifey
I can't stop these haunting visions of her and I. We made such a lovely couple, only beginning to spend the rest of our lives together...

twitter.com/officialtila

this has got to be paris hilton's ploy to get back in the media. . .

but seriously, RIP girl.

may she RIP....
celebs are droping like flyes in past 2 yrs...:ninja: im still shocked that brittany is dead...

She also tweeted that Casey was in a coma, when reports are coming out that she may have been dead for several days...the whole situation is quite tragic....

Tila is such a disgusting wh*re! I cannot stand her stupid ***.
I hate being so negative towards people I don't know, but Tila
is just a media wh*re! Who ****ing tweets while dealing with
someones loss? Only a ******** tramp with no class or education.

Casey is in a much better place now. R.I.P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->