Caterina Ravaglia

What a lovely cover. I adore her in print. And, well, all the time really. But especially in print.

Show Package – London F/W 12: Elite
Caterina.jpg

models.com

from the Grey S/S 2012 : Antonia, Caterina, Georgia & Kelly thread:

Antonia Wesseloh by Ellen von Unwerth
Caterina Ravaglia by Manuela Pavesi
Georgia May Jagger by Chadwick Tyler
Kelly Mittendorf by Sheila Metzner

models
Such a cutiepie!

Aw, she looks so young there. But I like that, she looks beautiful. Love her expression. Always amazing in print.

Bon S/S 2012
Photographer: Ben Weller | Stylist: Marcus Soder | Models: Caterina Ravaglia, Alys Hale, Ben Waters, Morris Pendlebury, Allen Taylor, Aine O’Gorman, Eli Griffiths, Kate Howat, Kumi Keazor, Grace Veenman, Keats Kolyasnikova | Casting: Etty Bellhouse / 10-4 inc | Hair: Karin Bigler | Make up: Shinobu

models

Aw, she looks so young there. But I like that, she looks beautiful. Love her expression. Always amazing in print.

What expression?
I'm rather impressed by this cover. At first glance I thought they stopped in front of the first middle school on the way, cought up a random little girl, put on her a Prada jacket and took a random b/w picture. Then I realized that she actually is some professed new supermodel. I usually love Grey's cover, and I don't know if It's me not understanding the aim of the photographer or the beauty of the girl, but I totally dislike this.

To me her face looks incredibly vulnerable. She's not trying for any expression in particular (so maybe I worded things badly - maybe it's her lack of expression that I like there. Or something). I don't know that I like the idea of this shot being for the cover of a fashion magazine (I've never read Grey but from what I just looked up now it's seem to at least have a lot of fashion in it) but I think as a photo of an adolescent girl it's lovely. But, hey, each to their own, right? :D I totally get where you're coming from though.

Sorry for the overuse of parentheses!

To me her face looks incredibly vulnerable. She's not trying for any expression in particular (so maybe I worded things badly - maybe it's her lack of expression that I like there. Or something). I don't know that I like the idea of this shot being for the cover of a fashion magazine (I've never read Grey but from what I just looked up now it's seem to at least have a lot of fashion in it) but I think as a photo of an adolescent girl it's lovely. But, hey, each to their own, right? :D I totally get where you're coming from though.

Sorry for the overuse of parentheses!

Well, if I consider this some kind of "naturalistic" portrait of a young girl (a really young, completely average, not particularly attractive one - sorry, I can't help but finding Caterina overrated), somehow I can understend the value of the shot. Then, suddenly Prada jacket looks completely out of place :rofl: Nevermind, if I think about it for a little while I can assign some meaning even to this. Nontheless, I'm still not convinced that this shot is good for a cover. I simply don't think it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha. I really do get what you mean. Ta for making me actually think about the reasoning behind my flattering comment about the shot!

On another note (and probably one that you won't be interested in since you find Cat overrated, BabyTurnsBlue), no Caterina in London?

No Milan either, it seems. Too bad. Maybe she'll show up in Paris.

Piece d’Anarchive S/S 2012 by Paolo Roversi

trendland, piecedanarchive, dnamodels

Bon S/S 2012
Photographer: Ben Weller
Styling: Marcus Söder
Hair: Karin Bigler
Make-up: Shinobu

dnamodels, clmus via flashbang

Grey S/S 2012
Photographer: Manuela Pavesi
Styling: Moreno Galatà
Hair: Valentino Perini

HQ cover via dnamodels, atomomanagement.it

Photo by Alasdair McLellan

dnamodels

can i just say i love caterina's profile, its very regal and aristocratic and i love her nose at the height on her nose bridge, its medieval but still modern and it looks very elegant.

She is in Lula magazine s/s 2012

standardbookstore via charlieandmarie

That's great. I've missed her, she's a great model and I hope to see more of her soon.

^^Can someone post the ed? I really want to see it, she's stunning in print!

Publication: 7000 Magazine
Issue: #1 Spring/Summer 2012
Title: Love & Distrust
Model: Caterina Ravaglia
Photography: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Sheila Single
via mode.newlicious.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member