Celine Menswear S/S 2025 Norfolk

im getting micheles gucci. But without all the busy-ness of everything. am i the only one?

if the models cant pull of the fitting of these clothes, i dont know who can.

Holkham Hall, I'm presuming. That place is hired by a lot of productions.

Having grown up with those 80's films and TV series about repressed posh men with floppy hair, I see the nostalgic ephebophilia of it all.

Yes Holkham. Glad you mentioned it, but for me I’m not really into this casting. They’re too pre-pubescent looking if I’m being honest. That last scene with the two men is a bit much.

His Dior Homme FW06 collection, with tail coats and that manor vibe is more effective. The casting was far superior, gaunt and mature. This Celine collection might’ve worked better with that casting. This cast of lanky Etonians doesn’t help.

I hated his fast cuts and now he discovered fades. Too much for me.

LMFAO Even in the deepest heart of hearts of the preppiest of prep royalty world, we have to have representation in the inclusion of Somalian Princes exchange students amongst the gang. Hilarious.

It’s too literal of a prep school uniform collection for my taste; I can smell the blueblood on those replica tennis pullovers. But my god, the flannel three-piece suiting is to die for. This more sartorial trajectory Hedi’s been headed towards is most interesting: He knows his impeccable bespoke history.

What a pain to watch.
As slick as the presentation is, it’s hard to watch.
That being said, I got Karl Lagerfeld and Jacques de Bascher, English aristocracy and French aristocracy all together and of Course Ralph Lauren.
It feels very 80’s indeed.

For me, it’s probably his best menswear collection at Celine but it was maybe too literal..

The name of the collection could have been: L’IDÉAL MASCULIN PAR HEDI SLIMANE.

And tbh, his idea of beauty for men, this obsession for youth this time made me quite uncomfortable while watching the video.

However, I love tailcoats on men!

Somehow I find this much more bold for the way people dress today than what he has done before.

If the Ralph Lauren guy is going to Celine, this collection is a nice prelude I guess.

I get all the aforementioned references but then also quite a lot of Bowie as the Thin White Duke as well as David Sylvian of Japan.

I can enjoy this for what it offers to the customer. The previous winter already foreshadowed a more formal direction and here it has a slightly different flavor. The high waisted, double-pleat pants snd shorts are terrific, so are all of the three piece suits and beaded club jackets. Some people would call it repetitive but it‘s nice and assuring to know you can build up on an existing Celine wardrobe by adding a piece here and there for an update. I always loved the elegant finishing touches and here, it‘s the carnation on the lapels adding the extra bit of refinement.

Early Lanvin Homme under Lucas Ossendrijver had quite a lot in common with the spirit of this collection, I liked it maybe a bit better as the usage of womenswear fabrics, rich jewel colors and velvet bows Alber would wear added that extra layer that‘s maybe missing here. Those personal touches are missing here, that is my main concern.

I would never wear the collection shown as is but the simple swap of a shoe can take the whole thing elsewhere.

It’s really well done probably but I hate this so much. This stupid tired look has no place on the street. Maybe if it gets really filtered and relaxed?
He’s just presenting nostalgic images filtered through the Celine brand, however admirable I think this just needs more.
The moment with the boys on the bikes with the flowers is very precise, but also insanely kitsch

I like the "Maurice" atmosphere, the neat tailoring, but it's way too literal.
The ephebophilia is greatly disturbing though.
Agree when i thought about the age of Hedi and him being behind this ....but then again so is a Larry Clark movie etc
As long as there is not shady stuff that comes to light he should express his youth obsession till he cant walk or see no more.

I liked the literal part the most updated classic stuff that is not Ralph nor to fashion for real world, i had more doubts of the reinterpations of some items i think will look silly on many guys people but hey!!! who am i !!!

I like that his Celine is upper class cosplay its cleary playing with it and not being serious

I'll add to the visual references already mentioned above Visconti's Death in Venice. Anyway, this made me laugh - mostly because of the straight-up copies of the Eton and Harrow signatures. I see that Hedi has moved on to English public schoolboys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->