Celine Menswear S/S 2025 Norfolk

you gotta give it to hedi he managed to find not one but two (!!!) twink versions of lady diana.

the clothes are beautiful as usual but im much more interessed in seeing hedi directing a movie and creating the costumes for it, apart from the AWFUL editing he blends bresson, techine and jean pierre melville (a bit of rohmer too) so well, he just needs to find a twinkfied alain delon to pair with a twinkfied simon de la brosse and give us a chic version of call me by your name

I like the "Maurice" atmosphere, the neat tailoring, but it's way too litteral.

“Maurice”, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that an **** *** ***** like this would even say that. Oh my God. Oh my God.

(Kidding, but also… I had to defend “Maurice” getting dragged into this)

Where is the fashion?

Always so literal and the same issue I had with his Saint Laurent, you can always find a cool piece but I find his collections to just be for rich people who don’t know where or how to shop.

Agree when i thought about the age of Hedi and him being behind this ....but then again so is a Larry Clark movie etc
As long as there is not shady stuff that comes to light he should express his youth obsession till he cant walk or see no more.
Frankly, Hedi's youth obsession reads more as 'unresolved childhood trauma' than 'the unsavory pursuit of barely legal twinks' to me. Of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Obviously Hedi loves a good twink, but I don't see lust as a PRIMARY driving emotion behind this video. I know nothing about the man's personal life, this is just my speculation based on his work.

“Maurice”, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that an **** *** ***** like this would even say that. Oh my God. Oh my God.

(Kidding, but also… I had to defend “Maurice” getting dragged into this)
Kidding too, but there is a distinct Merchant-Ivory inspiration in that production (not at all in the TikTok edit), and I say that as a great admirer of their work together.

Where is the fashion?

Always so literal and the same issue I had with his Saint Laurent, you can always find a cool piece but I find his collections to just be for rich people who don’t know where or how to shop.
you mean celebrities... who always need to be in character right? Cant see any person rich or poor actually wearing these in any gathering. unless its a themed night

He may be onto something. Ralph Lauren men’s flagship in nyc has been a madhouse on the weekends.

Take some Chanel girls and Ralph Lauren guys… why not.

Ugh, I didn’t watch the whole thing, sorry, Hedi, I had to stop. I appreciate the attempt to put together a narrative, and I understand how aspirational it is to be young, rich, and bored with your own privileges, but I need more depth than that. It’s not that I wouldn’t wear the clothes; I’m just not convinced I should buy from you and not somewhere else because, let’s be honest, there’s nothing special about these clothes.

Side note: It’s still so funny to me that, to this day, no one is allowed to comment on the brand presentations on YouTube, so petty and pretentious from the guy.

Besides that, the clothes feel like costumes and the whole thing is about "the vibe" rather than actual convincing menswear. It makes me laugh that the men that buy this will be dressing in clothes that you can find on Jermyn Street for half the price and cosplaying a certain kind of British gentleman.

CELINE_MEN_SUMMER_25_THE_BRIGHT_YOUNG_2400PX_27-scaled.jpg
CELINE

LMFAO Even in the deepest heart of hearts of the preppiest of prep royalty world, we have to have representation in the inclusion of Somalian Princes exchange students amongst the gang. Hilarious.

It’s too literal of a prep school uniform collection for my taste; I can smell the blueblood on those replica tennis pullovers. But my god, the flannel three-piece suiting is to die for. This more sartorial trajectory Hedi’s been headed towards is most interesting: He knows his impeccable bespoke history.
because these Somalian Princes can be found in these schools! out of the 10+ minutes, he gave them a total of 7 seconds of these still shots so he's staying true to himself, he would certainly never give even 5 seconds to a Northern African like he is.

I feel like in his mind this was going to be so Tadzio/disarmingly beautiful minors.. but after minute 3 it's just giving Eric Trump....

I couldn't take this seriously AT ALL. It's like he saw the character created for Dunhill SS25 and decided to dress his underage boyfriend/side-piece who's also his student. The collection looks more like costume for a film than an actual wardrobe.

I'm getting tired of the films too with the pretensious cinematography and lifestyle shots. I wonder why he doesn't do destination shows in the locations they use instead.
because these Somalian Princes can be found in these schools! out of the 10+ minutes, he gave them a total of 7 seconds of these still shots so he's staying true to himself, he would certainly never give even 5 seconds to a Northern African like he is.

I feel like in his mind this was going to be so Tadzio/disarmingly beautiful minors.. but after minute 3 it's just giving Eric Trump....

Kidding too, but there is a distinct Merchant-Ivory inspiration in that production (not at all in the TikTok edit), and I say that as a great admirer of their work together.

The trashy side of me is convinced that Bonnie Tayler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” video serves as a springboard for this presentation LMFAO …Complete with the creep-vibe of the underage prep school students serving as thirst traps for Bonnie the headmistress and Hedi the school photographer…Although it’s hilarious how outright gay the Bonnie video is watching it now: She’s more denmother/hag to her legion of gheyz/cigarettes than possibly hoping to get with any of them LOL ...Eh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->