Celine S/S 06 Paris

Yeah, those shoes are really cute!!! I just told a friend of mine today that the days of pointy toed shoes are over and that she should start to look for round toed pumps/boots/etc...

So pretty!!!

review from wwd:

Newly installed Celine designer Ivana Omazic had the sun in the morning and the moon at night. In between those corny celestial renderings that opened and closed her show, she had a whole lot of merch packed into 47 exits, and piece by piece, some of it looked quite good. A seemingly endless parade of looks with names like "Venus Picnic dress," "Luna Safari combi-short" and "Sun Parade skirt," not to mention five swimsuits, came all decked out with floppy hats, sunglasses, big necklaces, bigger bags and inexplicably, a few pairs of knee socks. Among the show's strengths, much of the sportswear had a snappy attitude, and a pleat-front voile shirtdress brought a distinctive softness to the season's shirt trend. But such is not enough to carry a collection.

Like its sister company Givenchy, Celine is a house in search of a raison d'etre. And like her colleague Ricardo Tisci, Omazic must contend with the reality of an audience brand-bored by past failed reinventions. Her fault — no; her challenge — absolutely. And one almost impossible to address in a single season, especially for someone at the design helm for the first time after years of assisting others. But Celine's clock is ticking, with only so much patience in the communal fashion consciousness.

it's nice.. a little boring.. a little redundant.

PETA.. i think their message would fit if this was the winter collections?? considering the fact that summer/spring doesn't feature that much fur at all..

Originally Posted by adorefaith:
it looks like a season or two too late....
those kukui type beads...
all the shorts....
long tops....

havent we just done all this...?!....

not my favorite.....:ermm:

I agree, the big, chunky necklaces have gotten their time...

I am not liking this collection so far. I was looking forward to seeing what Celine would be like post- Michael Kors and I am very disappointed. :(

I like the LBDs at the end, but the whole collection seems more girly than elegant, which is what Celine was about, I thought... As inconsistent as he is, Michael Kors has had some moments of brilliance at Celine, and these will be hard to top.

Some of the pieces are nice, but they lack a brand identity. And the collection definitely should've been edited better--such repetitiveness, it's boring.

The best things are the shoes.

I really enjoy it. The clothes are fairly simple, yet elegant at the same time. Love the runway design, with the retro lamp shade looking dome the models came out of.

pretty collection, few really nice pieces, but overall not too impressive.....
love the chunky necklaces, though!

Review from style.com:

PARIS, October 6, 2005 – Ivana Omazic, an unknown 32-year-old Croatian, is the latest designer charged with figuring out a raison d'être for Celine's presence on the Paris runway. Admittedly, it's a tricky task. In very recent memory, Michael Kors, with his humor and bounce, has passed through this way, followed by Roberto Menichetti, with his abstruse modernism. So this third debut needed to give a strong directive about just how an internationally resonant fashion collection could be constructed around a name that, back in the day, was mostly known as a conservative French lady's source of handbags and everyday separates.

Omazic said she is inspired by that tradition. So what on earth was the audience supposed to think about the hot-orange dress, mohair crochet cardigan, and red floppy hat, worn with red kneesocks and high-heel sandals, that announced the opening of this show? (What to make, for that matter, of the fiery ball of Mars that was rotating at the end of the runway?) As far as could be detected, the "tradition" came later, in the canvas and tan leather-trimmed bags, the chain belts that circled cardigans, the cropped riding boots, and the box-pleated A-line skirts, some of which came with a chain detail slung below the waistband, center front. But if that's where the message lay, it was comprehensively drowned in a showing that included too much black, an overabundance of cut-out swimwear, and what seemed like endless reiterations of the tight-bodice, full-skirt dress that opened the show. Quite possibly, taken apart and seen on a rail, this collection will look far more attractive. But styled and presented like this, it just didn't work.

– Sarah Mower

Some detail shots from style.com:

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00060m.jpg
00070m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00110m.jpg

^ I love all those shoes :heart:... But I'm having a hard time with the red and orange combination - it hurts my eyes; don't like it.

great shoesssss:heart:

actually i really liked orange-red combination it looks great

coralmilk said:
Does the Peta lady have a leather bag or is it fake? haha

I'm lovin' the first outfit on Stam. <3

I was going to say the same thing about that outfit... i love it.

nice collection

absoltuely gorgeous collection, especially the evening wear and accessories.
i really like ivana's vision for the label. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->