Celine S/S 2020 by Hedi Slimane

That's the menswear shot? Ugh, I just cannot deal with the pretentiousness. Was really hoping he'd shoot it on a different location. Who still cares about St Tropez? Nobody talks about it.

Very slick with this fake grandiose atmosphere. It’s sad that all those efforts are lost as sales are not taking off and customers are still craving for Phoebe’s era designs.
It seems like Hedi is having his « Raf moment » at Celine.

It seems like Hedi is having his « Raf moment » at Celine.

Honestly it was about time these two very talented, but self-centered men got a reality check. A creative director is temporary and replaceable, while the founder's vision and the brand DNA remain as long as the brand's alive. Raf's ego clearly clouded his judgment at Calvin Klein and look how that ended; Hedi already changed strategies at Celine after his second collection after what I assume was a lukewarm debut.

By the way have Celine sales been reported anywhere since Hedi took the helm, Lola?

At least with Gucci the awkward models go well with the clothes.

I’m not really sure how this will convince me to buy anything from Celine.

Honestly it was about time these two very talented, but self-centered men got a reality check. A creative director is temporary and replaceable, while the founder's vision and the brand DNA remain as long as the brand's alive. Raf's ego clearly clouded his judgment at Calvin Klein and look how that ended; Hedi already changed strategies at Celine after his second collection after what I assume was a lukewarm debut.

By the way have Celine sales been reported anywhere since Hedi took the helm, Lola?
There’s no report for individual brands but judging by all the investments and the goal they have set up for him to reach and the lukewarm reception of his collections, we don’t need more to see that Celine by Slimane is for now a very moderate success.

LVMH expected the same kind of excitement that he had for YSL. Unfortunately, even after the controversy, Celine didn’t became THE brand of the year...Bottega Veneta took that spot. And we all know the dynamic comes from the first year. Hedi will have to work harder...

The king of menswear is skipping the season to hold a co-ed show in March, when menswear is a booming business and is part of the strategy to reach the 3billions goal?

Fran looks like a new incarnation of Abbey Lee in those shots. At least Hedi is consistent with his muses from houses to houses.

Why so, Kiki? He hand-picked her for his VP profile a few months ago, which btw was photographed by himself.

I think it's still a surprise she booked both Vaccarello's YSL and Hedi's Celine in the same season.

Hair: Esther Langham
Makeup: Aaron de Mey
Cast: Fran Summers

Celine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"