Celine S/S 2025 Paris

i need to find my black hairband, rhinestone earrings, short pleated skirt and mini Chanel bag, all packed away somewhere in my closet

this is not at all what i expect from / at celine, but that felt long-gone before this show anyhow.

i love the vibe of this; they had me with the velvet underground and capped it with the chandelier crash at the end. somewhere, edie sedgwick is sighing ...

I feel like this was a reminder of what fashion can be, since we are otherwise drowning in a sea of mediocrity. What a contrast (NYFW could never). I loved the precision of everything -- the mood was so cool and the chandeliers crashing was the perfect finale.

The Celine woman is so much less insufferable than the Celine men, so I can digest that. She’s a brat, but an interesting one—not exactly approachable. I don’t want to hang out with her, but I want to talk about her to my friends.

Beautiful clothes, sophistication meeting class at its best, a nice and interesting presentation. However, I still want a crowd, not an empty mansion (plus, the chandelier falling right onto Anna Wintour’s head would be tragic, but also funny /s).

Besides that, he’s doing too much with whatever obsession he has with the idea of Chanel. Slow down, man, it’s getting in the way of your job because everyone’s just going to remember how much this resembles Chanel, not the work you did. I know you want the job, but if by chance you’re here reading this wonderful thread, here’s some advice: think of it like the games of love and seduction and don’t make yourself too available. Your muses can explain this to you very well (I guess).

I am no Hedi stan, but to say he is a bad designer is a big fat lie, he's a great, even a flawless modern designer as he is a photographer (I love his photography!). To me, he's just missing a bolder, more defined POV, but he can really be a chameleon and I respect him for that. Honest to god, if this his Chanel, I'm here for it, especially because I hate (and have always hated) Chanel (ugh get rid of the f*cking tweed already), but I really enjoyed this collection.

pristine collection with nothing new about it.
the presentation was almost flawless being my only critique the casting which was awfully juvenile.
it’s all someone else’s already done ideas (from Coco to Cristobal), mixed with another decade's mood which in this case is bluntly late 60’s.
I almost don’t mind it. ‘mod’ is so cool!
but from a designer I always expect some novelty, some uniqueness. otherwise you're just copying.

the beginning was telling and the finale was wicked. I loved it.
but what did it mean? Hedi just being the usual trickster or is he leaving Celine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->