Celine ' The Introductory Campaign' 2018 by Hedi Slimane

And where are the clothes? He is just one trick pony that guy... it’s the same aesthetics wherever he goes... and the photography always dull as sh*t...

And where are the clothes? He is just one trick pony that guy... it’s the same aesthetics wherever he goes... and the photography always dull as sh*t...

Yes, I came here for fashion

First impression: pretentious without substance.
truer words...
Very ballsy to drop an ad campaign after only showing your client 1 black leather bag

I am excited to see what he delivers for Celine.

The mystery is his designs will fly off before they hit the shelves.

Ugh... wish they add more texts so I can see the “promotion” tag in the corner of every fashion magazine.

the veil literally looks like something from his SLP couture project. And when I read the caption :lol: He should just start his own brand instead of doing all his things and slapping another brandname on it. Also I am counting how many skinny teenage white girls he will use in his campaigns.

UGHHH, I can't. He's such a one trick pony, I'm not ready for Saint Laurent Part II.
I was always a big defender of him, envethough the things he does are usually rubbish, but I'm tired already. NEXXXXT!

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in when I opened the thread. Well, no one can say that Slimane isn't being true to himself. At the moment it doesn't really feel like he is branching out beyond anything he likes personally; I used to love visiting his website regularly and going through his visual diary, but now there's not much of a difference between what you see there and what he's doing for the house he's currently heading.

Still, I'm hoping that I will be proven wrong that his ideas for Celine will feel more or less like a revised aesthetic of SL or his own personal work. Even as a person who prefers dark coloured clothes, I am hoping that Slimane will choose to use more colours beyond the monochrome black/grey/white palette and the occasional gold.

Narcisco Rodgriguez, only more terrible. My issue with these images is that with the dominance of Sims, Sadli and the new guard photographers the b&w studio trend has lost its lustre. There's hardly any way to make it seem original, interesting or provocative. Maybe it's time to pull other tricks out of his bag.

Definitely giving me YSL vibes (unfortunately) but the first shot is just gorgeous.

The second model is Holden Fuller

New shot with Sekhou Drame.

I actually really like Bente's shot. I'm a sucker for long neck in fashion photography because it easily gives the picture a sense of elegance. However, I'll echo everyone's sentiment here that he is nothing but a one-trick-pony. These pictures are nothing we haven't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->