Celine Winter 2024 : Tess Breeden by Hedi Slimane

I don’t dislike it, exactly, but it feels it too doll-like. I don’t really envision a woman living her life in these clothes. It’s like a gay guy’s fantasy of what it would feel like to be a tasteful teen girl in 1960s London? Or something.

But they sell well, so evidently I’m the one that’s incorrect and out of touch!

Must be the first Celine I love in like, ever! :wub:

I don’t dislike it, exactly, but it feels it too doll-like. I don’t really envision a woman living her life in these clothes. It’s like a gay guy’s fantasy of what it would feel like to be a tasteful teen girl in 1960s London? Or something.
The coquette posing and symmetrical composition really doesnt help the collection that is already quite cute and girly. The first shot with Tess crossing her legs and posing at a dramatic slant feels so much more engaging than the other shots.

It reads as inoffensively dehumanized to my eye. Like still life photography that happens to be of a person modeling clothes. Or even still life photography of clothes that happen to be modeled by a person. All silhouette and shape, lighting and angles. Almost abstract.

I liked the collection, and the clothes are captured well. There's just something so detached and really despondent about this. That is pretty synonymous with Hedi's way of photographing, but here it doesn't feel like an embodied attitude. Also something so cheesy and stiff to this as well.

Everything about the collection was/is so short, cute and "sweet" so some more motion shots would have helped to have it a bit more louche and relaxed.

The fact that they went to Monaco to photograph the campaign in a studio when the video of the collection was shot in Paris. Lol
Bless Hedi!
I love how they managed to create different names for bags that ultimately looks the same.

I like the cap and the cashmere coat. On an extreme day, I may wear the cap with one of my Balenciaga fw2006 coat!

When is Hedi's contract over, like, the exact date...?

I like the cap and the cashmere coat. On an extreme day, I may wear the cap with one of my Balenciaga fw2006 coat!
sounds like a slay to me.

and the fact that you mentioned Balenciaga F/W 06 made me think of how much this campaign seems to be a, even if spontaneous and genuine, combo of Balenciaga by NG Fall/ Winter 2005 and Fall/ Winter 2006.

I still like it though.

It's all just so sleek, graphic, and polished. Season after season, I find myself falling in love with Hedi Slimane's Celine's advertising campaigns and this is no exception. A massive fan of the whole mod aesthetic and the slight nod to Richard Avedon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiy900
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->