Celine's Paris Store Vandalized by Graffiti Artist

GivenchyHomme

Reaction score

Graffiti artist Kidult has striked again. This time he has tagged the Paris flagship store of French brand Céline. The move comes as a response it seems, to the Spring 2011 campaign of the brand, which featured models Daria Werbowy and Stella Tennant, shot by Juergen Teller, posing with skateboard decks. As such, Kidult did not tag his usual ‘KID’ tag, but rather went with ‘SK8′.

Graffiti artist Kidult spray painted a big “SK8″ over the Céline flagship in Paris. Allegedly, it was because he didn’t like the skateboards in Céline’s spring 2011 ad campaign

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/20...ds-to-celine-spring-2011-skateboard-campaign/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not graffiti, this is vandalism. I hope he pays for his acts.

I agree I don't consider this graffiti either, it's just cruel defacing. And for a really petty reason at that...

he is not a graffiti artist , he is a graffiti vandal

:lol: I totally agree with everybody. Why on earth would you go and spray a store just because you didn’t like skateboards in ad campaign. I may not like bananas at Prada clothes, but I didn't spray their store :lol: What a stupidity:lol: Is this guy like ten?

they could always use it to their advantage since the theme of the ads is skating..and theres some pink in t hem

It says "Allegedly", is there proof he said that? cause this looks on purpose, for publicity reasons by Celine... but I´m always skeptical :innocent:
the paint its the same color as the painting in the ad background and he writes skate... coincidences, coincidences... :P:lol:

I thought that - whoever's done this should be getting paid for it, because they've brought the company publicity without doing any harm to their brand, and a bit of spray-paint doesn't prevent people from still being able to enter the store.

It says "Allegedly", is there proof he said that? cause this looks on purpose, for publicity reasons by Celine... but I´m always skeptical :innocent:
the paint its the same color as the painting in the ad background and he writes skate... coincidences, coincidences... :P:lol:
:lol: and note also how the CÉLINE printed on the window is perfectly framed in the middle of the K in SK8.

That store does not appearance to be a flagship store, even looks better with the graffiti... J/K.

Also I think that the guys who made it are completely mad and have to pay.

Honestly, what's the point of defacing a building with spray paint? Nothing. It doesn't solve any problems. Especially those issues "Kidult" has with the brand or whatever. And anyways it's vandalism to markup a building in such a way.

I am a huge fan of the house of Celine. I guess I stand alone, but I think it's pretty rad. He got his message across, didn't he? I think our generation lacks passion, especially when it comes to activism.

I'm not saying that I agree with the way he chose to express himself or attempting to vindicate his crime, but he's probably opposed to the fashion industry stealing underground street culture, appropriating it (i.e. swagger jacking), and then shamelessly marketing it as exclusive (read: luxe pricing) to mass audiences.

I thought that - whoever's done this should be getting paid for it, because they've brought the company publicity without doing any harm to their brand, and a bit of spray-paint doesn't prevent people from still being able to enter the store.

And is the same shade of pink as in the Teller ads :lol:

Or it is possibly a senseless act?
Also, calling this 'art' kind of feels like an insult to graffiti artists in general. I mean, it's pretty lousy.

i hate graffiti, it's a rare that u see graffiti workk that u consider as art. im livign in toronto and the whole town is covered with this graffiti trash. they should establish a new law to deal with this mess. the authority needs to be tougher to deal with these homeless kids who have nothing to do but trashing their towns.

i wouln't mind see these assholes in jail for a year or two for their careless acts.

i hate graffiti, it's a rare that u see graffiti workk that u consider as art. im livign in toronto and the whole town is covered with this graffiti trash. they should establish a new law to deal with this mess. the authority needs to be tougher to deal with these homeless kids who have nothing to do but trashing their towns.

i wouln't mind see these assholes in jail for a year or two for their careless acts.

That's a little too much don't you think? Aren't you perpetuating that all homeless youth are vandals?

I am a huge fan of the house of Celine. I guess I stand alone, but I think it's pretty rad. He got his message across, didn't he? I think our generation lacks passion, especially when it comes to activism.

I'm not saying that I agree with the way he chose to express himself or attempting to vindicate his crime, but he's probably opposed to the fashion industry stealing underground street culture, appropriating it (i.e. swagger jacking), and then shamelessly marketing it as exclusive (read: luxe pricing) to mass audiences.

I completely agree with you. :flower:

Anyone wanting to get with Kidult's stance can be part of the activism by getting hold of his merchandise, although the current T-shirt he was promoting on his website appears to be 'sold out', in more ways than one, some might say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->