Louis Vuitton Reopens On The Champs-Elysees (NY Times)

im going to paris soon so i might just have to pop in, loved the big trunks when it was being refurbished!! ...cant wait to buy something... but dont they only let you buy one thing? i remember someone stopping us outside to get them a purse or something :buzz::shifty:

love the dior shops, i feel sorry for the little longchamp one next to it though :lol:

i missed going into the BIG dior shop.. I was trying to recreate the carrie goes to paris moment without the fall but I went into the smaller one..hrm..

to comment on the other person who said the LV people treated her rudely. French people definetely come off that way. They just think that they are cooler than everyone else. A lot of people don't like that but I loved it. Speaking the language helps. I would get used to the rudeness just to live in France

Meh. The architecture is nothing spectacular, on the outside it's really boring, I do like how they made a LV becon from the looks of it. Nothing special, I like how the LV in NYC looks like it's snowing from the outside. I wish they did something interesting, like playing with the luggage idea, a huge LV suitcase made of glass. Also the floor looks really busy, I think Id get all disoriented in there.

Dior has lovely boutiques, so nicely organized. Id love to go to one of those super-Dior stores. In NYC Ive only been on the first two floors, so there actually might be (probably is, because Chanel has one) a Couture level.

Louis Vuitton in Hong Kong :shock:

louis_vuitton_02_peq.jpg

louis_vuitton_peq.jpg

(gestaododoluxo.com)

I wish I had bigger pictures

Just think how much wealth must be concentrated in these few square miles.... I often wonder where the wealthiest square mile is in cities I go to. I think one of London's is Hatton Garden and the other is Bond street.

everything louis vuitton is so tacky.i passed by the champs elysées store while it was still under contrusction many times and i thought it was horrendous. the whole champs elysées street is fodder for money-spending japanese/american tourists anyway.

Fashion Puss said:
Just think how much wealth must be concentrated in these few square miles.... I often wonder where the wealthiest square mile is in cities I go to. I think one of London's is Hatton Garden and the other is Bond street.

I always thought it was in Tokyo.. Ginza district .. I could be wrong though

CharlottefromCA said:
Louis Vuitton in Hong Kong :shock:

*Please see tFS Guidelines

(gestaododoluxo.com)

I wish I had bigger pictures
Dont get too overwhelmed. That was a tent for some charity AKA brand postitution they always do, they had Monogrammed topiaries too.

In reference to wealthiest parts of cities. It would definately be the Ginza in Tokyo, they have that HUGE Chanel store and that HUGE Dior store, not to mention a LV that makes this one look tasteful. And Im sure thier Fendi isnt too shabby neither is thier Burberry or Cartier...

And the Champs is a tourist trap, ever been to a French McDonalds? A Le Big Mac with Frites hold the pickelles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
Dior has lovely boutiques, so nicely organized. Id love to go to one of those super-Dior stores. In NYC Ive only been on the first two floors, so there actually might be (probably is, because Chanel has one) a Couture level.

are you sure there is a couture level? i thought if u want to order haute couture, you have to go to pairs montaigne ave no matter what:blink:

i can't wait to drop by when i'm in paris again, in dec probably.....
the whole concept just sounds so exciting!

Ghost said:
are you sure there is a couture level? i thought if u want to order haute couture, you have to go to pairs montaigne ave no matter what:blink:
A couture level for fittings, because anyone who can afford Dior couture certainly isn't going to Paris to find out her inseam...

Chanel has one. It's couches in a square on a raised platform with sheer curtains around it. Top level, it didn't look as spectacular as it should. Since Galliano is at Dior I can imagine it being elevator accessible, with multiple ultra-lavish rooms, fur carpeting and 18k gold leaf on the chandeliers.

CharlottefromCA said:
(soulofamerica.com/tours)
**Please see tFS Guidelines**
Here's the store during refurbishment :shock:

Take a look at the store at how it shone at night:

CharlottefromCA said:
**Please see tFS Guidelines** (soulofamerica.com/tours)

Here's the store during refurbishment :shock:

I was there last summer.. I remember the bags were the cherry one's.

everything louis vuitton is so tacky.i passed by the champs elysées store while it was still under contrusction many times and i thought it was horrendous. the whole champs elysées street is fodder for money-spending japanese/american tourists anyway.

GCc... i couldn't agree with you more!

what i find incredibly boring is that such brands are available around the world. i understand that it might be exciting to visit a flagship store, but otherwise i don't get why so many people travel to another country and buy something they could just as easily find at home!

i have to admit i was excited to enter the hermes store on rue st. honore in paris

as for decorating stores of luxury brands while under reconstruction, it's something which is quite typically done by such brands. personally i don't think the louis vuitton take on it was all that tasteful.

i saw the construction when i went on a trip to paris with our school!!!!! i took some photos but didnt turn out good as we were on a coach!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->