Chalayan@pitti Menswear '04

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Hussein Chalayan second menswear season is taking center focus at the next Pitti Uomo Collections for spring summer 04, and will be broadcasted live from Cyprus.
I find this a great cultural idea that can boost a political solution for the divided island. Since I personaly find his menswear much more 'modern' and to my taste than his womans line, can't wait till July. :flower:

NY May 15, 2003 - Get ready for a humanistic, and clinically safer, Pitti.

The highpoint of the world's greatest men's trade show this June will be a Hussein Chalayan men's fashion show staged on the frontier between the Greek and Turkish halves of Cyprus, beamed by satellite into Florence.

"Hussein is an Anglo-Cypriot designer so he understands and feels strongly about this. We are a little concerned about using satellite, as it's not the simplest technology. But it will be a fantastic presentation," Pitti's CEO Raffaello Napoleone told FWD at a luncheon of fashion buyers and media Thursday in New York.

The Chalayan show will be viewed on June 19 in the 150-year-old Stazione Leopolda, a train station that has played host to landmark shows and installations by bold face designers such as Giorgio Armani, Valentino and Hedi Slimane.

Chalayan, a brilliant conceptual designer and two-time British Designer of the Year winner, was born in Nicosia, Cyprus in 1970. After many years of factional fighting and invasion by the Turkish army, the island was forcibly divided in July 1974 into a northern Turk third and southern Greek region. A buffer zone between the two communities remains mined and patrolled by UN peacekeepers, though this was recently reopened following renewed political talks between the two communities.

Staged in the Fortezza da Basso in Florence from June 19-22, and featuring some 747 brands, Pitti will open its 64th edition June 18

Perhaps mindful of recent newspaper photos of Japanese tourists wearing masks while shopping in Italy, Pitti executives were very keen to stress that they had taken extraordinary precautions against SARS. According to CNN, nine probable cases have been reported in Italy, but no deaths.

"We are taking the strictest measures possible. We will only use disposable plates and cutlery. We will make available masks to everyone in any color you want, white, red, black, gray. You can choose."

Thanks Lena!

Has any one seen the Homme+Arean this month? they have a photo spread for the HS men's wear as well *** Watanabe,Rickowen wtc.

my pleasure spacemiu.. no Arena sightings here but if it comes your way, do scan some photos for us, will you?

Originally posted by Spacemiu@May 16th, 2003 - 6:45 pm
Thanks Lena!

Has any one seen the Homme+Arean this month? they have a photo spread for the HS men's wear as well *** Watanabe,Rickowen wtc.

I'll be sure to pick that up, thanks SpaceMiu. B)

Thanks for the article and news, Lena. :heart:

Lena, do you ever go to Pitti Uomo for your job?? I'm not a fan of trade fairs, but I think this is one of the best...not too many girls in bikinis :rolleyes: and it's well laid out :smile: ahhh and who wouldn't be happy to spend any amount of time in Florence for any reason!!

Originally posted by Miss Elaneous@May 17th, 2003 - 1:53 pm
I'm not a fan of trade fairs, but I think this is one of the best... who wouldn't be happy to spend any amount of time in Florence for any reason!!
absolutely MissE, i'd love a Florence break in July.. Pitti is really supposed to be the best fashion trade fair in the world :wink:
never been there myself -never did or consulted menswear- but i've only heard the very best :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->