Chanel Cruise 2020 : Jing, Adut, Fran, Kerolyn, Kiki, Anna & Vittoria by Karim Sadli

more

006jB6Nrgy1g8fz4n5wr7j316o1kw7wk.jpg 006jB6Nrgy1g8fz4qv8v2j316o1kwb2b.jpg
Harper's Bazaar UK Digital Edition

The looks in the first shot don't seem very far from Escada. Didn't pick that up from the runway collection. Not a great sign for Chanel.

And these shots seem far too commercial. Shot by Sadli again, I presume? God!

Absolutely terrible products. I never thought I’d see the day that Chanel looked cheap, but here we are! The jackets look like they’re made of terrycloth then they’re styled with those two dollar leggings. To top it off is a belt made of leftover chains and gift wrap ribbons. What a disaster!

I think the first shot looks quite modern in a very egalitarian way, but then I've never considered Chanel a "democratic" brand so I'm confused as to the direction they are taking. Are they trying to dumb things down for a younger audience and cash in on streetwear?

I like it. It’s simple, chic and well executed...Unlike the terrible campaign for Karl’s last collection.
I’m still not convinced by the RTW that I saw closer recently.
The SAs are literally pushing the collection to clients...
The accessories are good and the casting is fine!
It looks like a VP ed tho...

It's not bad. It's not offensive. But it's not very inspiring. I seriously get a vibe that Virginie is just a palette cleanser before they appoint a new CD who will take Chanel to a new direction. Everything about her creative choices is textbook. Beautifully executed. Well designed. But not much to desire.

I think Jing's portrait is stunning. The other shots look like a department store editorial.

The jacket is like a terrycloth and it is very cool and casual in person. Has a great vintage Karl vibe to it

The group shot reminds me of a Benetton campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->