Chanel F/W 2019.20 Paris

I was expecting a tribute to Lagerfeld...not this!

Ines de la Fressange, Claudia Schiffer, Nadja Auermann, Brandi Quiñones...all the models she used a muses walking here...not the boring Penélope Cruz!

The set is beautiful; but at the same time it is sad and somehow depressing. All that snow.

The clothes...well, standard Chanel. I find the first part quite suffocating (even if this is a Winter collection).

Even though I am not a Lagerfeld´s fan, I prefer to remember his mid and late-90s collections. That´s when he was in his prime for me.

ap archive

Last edited:
I know they want to respect Karl's will to just move on but still I was expected something different... Besides that, nice collection

LOVED IT. And I'm actually not saying that because it's his last presentation. I genuinely love all the different elements from the retro apres-ski to the splashes of colour to the magical capes and suits to the beautiful coats at the beginning. I think it's by far one of his better collections over the past few years. Even if you hate it though, this will sell like crazy. It's right up the Chanel customers alley especially because of the significance of these pieces.

In regard to the presentation, I loved the set but I was definitely expecting much more of a tribute. Similar to what jeaclaude said, I was expecting all his former muses from across the decades to walk from Claudia and Cindy to Natalia and Raquel to Abbey Lee, Freja and Arizona Muse to Bella/Gigi and even Kendall. The fact that the only main muses walking were MCB, Cara (plus a few very regular models like Mica and Cat MacNeil) kinda disappointed me. I was especially surprised not to see Gigi or Bella walk. I was also expecting a bigger final act as a farewell. But maybe Karl expressly said not to make it a big show and to make it a regular Chanel presentation so as to make the transition from him to VV much easier and smoother. I've read that a bit saying that he didn't want a big hoo haa just like for his funeral.

It was pretty emotional watching MCB break down in the finale though.

Regardless, it's really an end of an era for fashion after this show. Chanel will still thrive as the TOP fashion house in the world but it'll miss that x-factor of Karl which no current designer could ever replace in the same light.

Guys - he died like two weeks ago. This show was probably planned months in advance, as well as the casting etc, and the shipping or even building for the set most likely had started already. Even if it wasn’t, I’m sure Karl had explicitly told them not to make any ”tributes” or best-of shows.

As for the show, I find the oversize silhouettes, the trousers and mixed tweeds very gorgeous!

I'm sorry to say this because it was Karl's last collection for Chanel but I barely liked anything. It was more of the same old that we've seen for the last five years, quite heavy handed and barely exciting. Mariacarla crying was the only part that moved me tbh

They had his muse watching the show. The show began with a minute of silence and also ended with Heroes by David Bowie in the finale like Fendi show.

The clothes are absolutely gorgeous. There was no menswear. Women are at the center of the show. Everything looks comfortable. The pants move so well. Most of the models carry them with joy and confidence. Something that was missing a bit. And very little nonsense or gimmicks. Maybe Karl has imagined himself taking a break. In the pure bliss of the French alpes. Anyway, it's a very pretty farewell collection.

Such a sad and emotional show.
While this is not my favorite collection of the master at Chanel, it was very beautiful and chic.
The first part was very chic. While i’m Not a big fan of Pied-de-poule, it worked with the atmosphere and all. I was less fan of the logo cheesy middle part but then, from the look on Soo Joo to the end, perfection.
I particularly love the B&W paillette look on Vittoria.

It was sad. All Karl’s friends were there (Dani and all), Claudia, Naomi (I think the last time she was at a Chanel show was in 2004 for the ss05 collection), Audrey...etc.
Apparently, Inez couldn’t take it so she decided to not attend. Everybody cried.

I was a bit shocked by the clients who were filming everything, taking selfies...A bit rude IMO.

It’s so weird to see such an edited Chanel collection. It’s obvious that he didn’t has time to complete his vision. But it was a tasteful fabulous last show.

And guys, the official Tribute will happen after. No info on if it’s going to be on Couture week and all. No infos for now..
And I guess all his muses will be there.

This wasn’t the moment from that. It’s the last collection he designed, it was obviously a hard time for the team. Then imagine having to pull a tribute with 71 looks in 2 weeks....I know it’s Chanel, they have the money...But It’s better to have something prepared, worthy of the man they decide to honor.

RIP Master once again.

The houndstooth and check looks at the beginning are amazing! So Glamorous and Bourgeois! J'adore! I didn't like the Ski sections. It didn't add anything to the collection and ended up looking like filler looks. Other than that it's a good collection. It's very chic and wearable.

I actually like the collection. I'm pretty unvested in how this will turn out over the next few seasons. Karl was so much a part of the CHANEL brand.

The collection is a bit safe and I hope they find a way to inject a bit of much needed freshness into the brand.

Karl was very much about moving forward and didn’t like heavy references to the past so here’s to hoping they don’t heavily reference his archives

Pure Chanel, the show remind me the 80s and 90's super fashion shows. Love all.

What a gorgeous collection. Karl will be missed so much.

I can't be objective, but this is really a beautiful collection.
From the moment i saw the press photos, I fall in love with it immediately. That's the magic Karl for Chanel does, it fresh your mind and evokes your curiosity for more.
This collection reminds me FW2004 FW2003 and FW2008 a lot, a golden time for elegant Chanel before karl got into more quirky and bold era.

For the ppl who say it's typical Chanel, i mean, isn't that all we need? typical Chanel is classical, delicate, pure, creative with a twist of fun, what more we could expect?

But i agree, i expected a more official tribute from Chanel, i'm sure the house will do, maybe not on this show....but at least, let all his teammates bow at the end would be a perfect way to end his era. That's not hard to arrange, right?

I wonder which looks are more from Virginie than Karl. Hope she continues the magic.

Again, farewell to the king of fashion.

I think this is one of his best in recent years... I also enjoyed a bit of colour added to it.

Can't say anything other than that I loved it. So stunning.

penelope cruz:rolleyes: she looked so out of place .There were some stunning pieces though

For the ppl who say it's typical Chanel, i mean, isn't that all we need? typical Chanel is classical, delicate, pure, creative with a twist of fun, what more we could expect?

If you watch the video I posted, you´ll see in 1996 you can also find typical Chanel style...but it was made in a more sophisticated and exquisite way than nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->