Chanel F/W 2020.21 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Benn98

Reaction score
Cast: Vittoria Ceretti, Fran Summers, Vivienne Rohner, Evelyn Nagy

Tatler Digital Edition

Vittoria and Fran look spectacular!

^That's Vivienne Rohner, one of V magazine's new breed of 'supermodels', lol.

Fran looks stunning, so does Evelyn Nagy. Glad those awful boots are not too prominent, but this could easily have been a Karl campaign. It's just so lazy and safe to do a b&w studio campaign for autumn.

These were released right after the show, and I thought they were backstage photos.

‘The question now is how many Chanel campaigns Vittoria has done at this point?

Her clothing Campaigns :
  1. Pre-Fall 2017
  2. Fall/Winter 2018
  3. Spring/Summer 2019
  4. Pre-Fall 2019
  5. Fall Winter 2019
  6. Resort 2020
  7. Pre-Fall 2020
  8. Fall/Winter 2020 Not sure about the beauty campaigns since Chanel Beauty release both digital and print campaigns but i’m sure that it’s more than 20. Wow this made me realize that she’s the biggest Chanel girl ever maybe after Claudia. Thoughts?

Very smart choice booking I&V. They could shoot a garbage bag and make it look like couture. I actually really liked the coat in the 4th shot. It looks lovely here. The second spread is better than the first.

Her clothing Campaigns :
  1. Pre-Fall 2017
  2. Fall/Winter 2018
  3. Spring/Summer 2019
  4. Pre-Fall 2019
  5. Fall Winter 2019
  6. Resort 2020
  7. Pre-Fall 2020
  8. Fall/Winter 2020 Not sure about the beauty campaigns since Chanel Beauty release both digital and print campaigns but i’m sure that it’s more than 20. Wow this made me realize that she’s the biggest Chanel girl ever maybe after Claudia. Thoughts?

Yes, she might be the biggest girl after Claudia. I’ll check on it in the Chanel campaigns book, but I think she is. In terms of range (beauty, eyewear, fragrances), she is right after Claudia as Claudia had a fragrance campaign and Vittoria does not. But I’m sure Vittoria will have a fragrance at one point.

Freja comes right after Vittoria tho.

Kristen Stewart is the one who had it all!

Having seen the link Apple posted, some of the other shots do look interesting. But why does everyone cover Jill Kortleve up so much, as if they're afraid of showing her figure?
And I hope those French celebrities won't make the actual campaign. They're all so insufferable.

:sick: Don't remind us!

Yes, she might be the biggest girl after Claudia. I’ll check on it in the Chanel campaigns book, but I think she is. In terms of range (beauty, eyewear, fragrances), she is right after Claudia as Claudia had a fragrance campaign and Vittoria does not. But I’m sure Vittoria will have a fragrance at one point.

Freja comes right after Vittoria tho.

She is catching up but there are a few in between with Stella Tenant and Christy Turlington with both 11 campaigns, after her there is Shalom Harlow with 7 campaigns and then Angela Lindvall with 6. Only thencomes Freja. And we have not even talked about Ines de la Fressange but I don't have the exact data.

Fran is the winner here. Vittoria looks stupid with that flamenco pirate pose and the other two should have stayed home.

But all Vittoria's fashion campaigns are multi-girls, some are even packed, which makes her less memorable and iconic as a Chanel girl.

I miss the days when Karl and the house carefully picked one and the only one girl to make a strong statement, like Carmen, Daria, Karolina in early 2000s

And Natalia never got a campaign under Karl's watch....which was pity. She is not a typical Chanel fashion campaign girl, but seems she got good relationship with Karl and I would love to see her interpreting the clothes in a innocent and wild mixed way.

Even though Vittoria has been in so many Chanel campaigns, I feel like there's not really one campaign that was a knock-out. Some is okay but it's not as iconic. And she's a good model. As for this campaign, it's like bad clothes, average concept, good models but very pedestrian result. Chanel would never do a zoom/selfie kind of campaign, but this is extremely basic.

She is catching up but there are a few in between with Stella Tenant and Christy Turlington with both 11 campaigns, after her there is Shalom Harlow with 7 campaigns and then Angela Lindvall with 6. Only thencomes Freja. And we have not even talked about Ines de la Fressange but I don't have the exact data.
Oh yes! How can I forget Ines!
She was in literally every campaign from1983 to 1989. At the time, they had Couture campaigns...So 4 campaigns/year + her Coco Fragrance deal. And of course she returned for SS2011.

But all Vittoria's fashion campaigns are multi-girls, some are even packed, which makes her less memorable and iconic as a Chanel girl.

I miss the days when Karl and the house carefully picked one and the only one girl to make a strong statement, like Carmen, Daria, Karolina in early 2000s

And Natalia never got a campaign under Karl's watch....which was pity. She is not a typical Chanel fashion campaign girl, but seems she got good relationship with Karl and I would love to see her interpreting the clothes in a innocent and wild mixed way.

Oh yes, it’s a number question but in terms of memorability, Vittoria’s campaigns aren’t all that (even if the Metiers d’Arts lookbook turned campaign had the potential to be iconic).

Natalia, despite the fact that she was La Mariée in 2 Couture shows and that she opened and closed many shows for Karl, was maybe too much of a sweet beauty for him or Chanel.

She had some beauty campaigns after SS2008 but I don’t even remember her having a Fendi campaign. She is a bit like Alek Wek in that sense.

I’ll always love all the Chanel girls of the 00’s because that Chanel was the Chanel that relates the most to my personal style and to what I like even in terms of photography for Karl...But Stella Tennant is the ultimate Chanel by Karl girl. She has been a consistent point of reference for him for 20 years and mid/late 90’s Chanel is totally different from 00’s and 2010’s Chanel.

Vittoria is beautiful but I think maybe I’ll appreciate her more when she gets older. It will add more character to her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->