Chanel F/W 2020.21 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

And Natalia never got a campaign under Karl's watch....which was pity. She is not a typical Chanel fashion campaign girl, but seems she got good relationship with Karl and I would love to see her interpreting the clothes in a innocent and wild mixed way.

If you remember in early 00's Natalia opened and closed Karl's every shows.
In those times Chanel accept long-term contract for Natalia, but she and her agents choose more interesting story with CK. And Karl was unhappy but still her friend.

If you remember in early 00's Natalia opened and closed Karl's every shows.
In those times Chanel accept long-term contract for Natalia, but she and her agents choose more interesting story with CK. And Karl was unhappy but still her friend.

yes, she did sign a big contract with CK in that period, I wonder if it was an exclusive deal banning her from endorsing other big brands.
Honestly, I would choose CK too if I was her. Chanel surely won't pay her that much and may drop her at anytime for other models.
CK, otherwise, promoted her as celebrity and gave her full spotlight, which solidly secured her supermodel identity.

+ Jill Kortleve & Kaia Gerber

UK Vogue Digital Edition

yes, she did sign a big contract with CK in that period, I wonder if it was an exclusive deal banning her from endorsing other big brands.
Honestly, I would choose CK too if I was her. Chanel surely won't pay her that much and may drop her at anytime for other models.
CK, otherwise, promoted her as celebrity and gave her full spotlight, which solidly secured her supermodel identity.
It was most definitely an exclusive deal. Campaign wise (excluding beauty because she got a contract with L’Oreal) and runway wise (she made an exception for Tom Ford’s last YSL show).

And these picture are supposed to sell the clothes, the fantasy...

Cannot blame Chanel whatsoever for re-purposing these images caught backstage during PFW for the official mainline campaign, especially given the global pandemic. It's pretty genius, and Chanel struck lucky by having these at hand (unless, of course, it was the intention in the first place).

The images are, of course, a damn sight better than those unflattering jumping shots of Kristen Stewart last season!

^^ agreed! It was a pretty good idea given the circumstances...

at this point, I will take anything over last season’s campaign :shock:

+ Lineisy

Adut's also a part of the campaign, can't find her picture tho.

I believe the whole campaign was already posted on I&V Instagram.

The more I see the photos individually, the more I love them. Everybody's selection is just phenomenal. As a campaign for Chanel, I miss richness, exuberance and exclusivity. But honestly Campaigns under Karl were even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->