Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

What's with the ruffles? And what on earth is Jill Kortleve wearing? How is this a collection from the world's most aspirational brand?

There simply nothing that catches my eye here. And Chanel always had this contrast of young models wearing clothes only an 80-year old would like. That's now becoming worse under Virginie.

The editors will of course hype this to hell and back because money talks.

Wow. Even though this is an edited collection compared to a regular Chanel collection, this is still boring and stale. How do you still manage to pick the worst clothes for an edited collection? Ai yi yi Virginie what are you doing?

It's all over the place and not cohesive at all. Furthermore, all those looks are not aspirational enough for one of the biggest brands. I understand that Chanel needs money, hence they've been switching to an even more commercial direction, but this is just too much. What really bothers me is the lack of taste. I think Virginie might be a great designer when guided properly, but the Jill, Kiki and Amanda's looks are just wrong on so many levels.

At this point MGC is the winner. At least she tries to infuse fantasy into her collections. Virginie's fantasy is that unbearably basic bridal scene.

Her Metiers d'Art was more couture than this sh*t. Unbelievably how you can have the best team in the world and yet produce that tasteless, lazy and awful collection.

For me that was the last Chanel show to watch under her direction, it's just a waste of time and energy.

I think beyond the mediocrity of her work for Chanel, there are some good pieces in this collection. Tbh, I think the glorious moments in this collection reminds me of past collections.
I love the pants. They reminds me of one of my favorite Chanel HC collection of all time, FW2001...Which was about pants.

Look 9 is the reproduction in black of a gold dress worn by Linda on the FW1993 HC collection (a collection that introduced me to the idea of fashion).

The white dress with embroidered flowers and the black bow belt looks like something Giambattista Valli would do...And I’m not sure it’s a compliment for Chanel.

Look 16 is maybe the best and freshest thing Virginie ever did. And it can be timeless...

Unfortunately, she is a terrible dressmaker and the eveningwear is beyond underwhelming. The styling is still questionable and the whole thing, while being effortless, felt poor.

They are renovating the Grand Palais and was this necessary? A small presentation with no audience in the Haute Couture salons at Rue Cambon could have been enough...

Her Métiers d'Art collection was so good, what happened? There are some good pieces but The lack of direction and theme in this collection is bother me so much. It's just all over the place. The whole collection feel rush and unfinished.

Virginie need someone that have more dynamic to help her, the fact that everyone in the team is still the same is not helping because they lack a great showman that put Chanel back in the map.

There is absolutely nothing showing "tailoring" in this collection, which is the fundamental element for Couture. Silhouettes of all the looks are so casual and sloppy, nothing structural, nothing in very fine 3D detail, nothing experimental and bold, just bunch dress and cardigan with fancy beads and sequins....

the video and presentation are nice tho, very intimate, but that's it.....poor flowers....torn and tossed on the ground and still can't save these clothes

I'm missing the rigour I associate with Chanel, god knows Lagerfeld put out many flou-monstrosities out into the world but then the tailoring would be as amazing and sharply cut as anything I've seen, in here it is a total afterthought, no statement to be found.

All those cheesy lights on the set make it look like it's all meant to be the fantasy of a Karen who spends her every lunch break in Pinterest...the flower crowns are just insulting.

The fall couture was miles above this even if it was terribly safe...at least it wasn't a sacrilegous sacharine mess of tulle.

OMG!

Chanel is dead! I’m sure Karl will haunt her tonight.

this is SO bad that I cannot believe they will keep her after such mediocrity. no one wants any of this.

also, just want to add how many of the comments were exactly what i thought when watching the show: those ridiculous ‘headpieces’, the poorest HC outfit ever white silk blouse and black tulle skirt, the bride and Virginie’s ‘thank you’ look with that disgusting vest. BURN IT ALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->