Chanel Paris Menswear

wow.. although i find these pieces quite feminine, i also find them very attractive i can just imagine myself wearing them.. :smile:

I saw a few models and I think... I am not sure if I would like to wear it... it looks still like womenswear! But I think Karl should design it... he's pretty good for Chanel... Hedi is sometimes too boring for me... and John... he's too artistic :rolleyes:

I think to approach the CHANEL man image, is to return to the love affairs that she had & figure out how thier images worked with the mademoiselle's image, & to imagine how would the mademoiselle dressed her men & how she'd like to be seen in public together?
CHANEL's man is very mature, romantic, self-confident, very elegant & dandy.... he isn't a teenager, rockstar or a bad boy.

that would be much better from straigting the waist line & the shoulders of Lagerfeld's designs ...i guess:innocent:

here are the most famous lover of the mademoiselle

02f.jpg
Arthur Capel

23f.jpg
the 2nd Duke of Westminister

pics from style.com

25f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny said:
Chanel should never do a menswear show. The whole point (at least in the first place) of Chanel is its boy-ish womenswear. What a disaster it would be to have Chanel girl-ish menswear (which I've not doubt it would be, at least with KL).

Oh, and Galliano + Chanel = Fashion Tragedy.

well, said!! I agree totally agree with you!!!!

Galliano? no way...because i really want to buy some clothes to wear...

I would like to see the collection does any body know if they have any item for men in the Chanel boutiques? i remember once they had a ski coat on there site and a male was modeling it i thought "finally! at last! Chanel now has a mens line!" and called the Bond St boutique in london to be told "chanel does not design for men, but we have aftershaves!" tut tut tut!

A-good-fashion-eye

amchan said:
Galliano? no way...because i really want to buy some clothes to wear...

Dear, so do you think Galliano makes unwereable clothes?
That is a strategy, showing imposible and crazy clothes on catwalk
and traslate all the image, details, colors, techniques, into wereable and exquisite clothes,
I love Galliano clothes on Catwalk and the little oportunities I could
have some Galliano pieces on my hand I could understand everything:lol:
and really everybody copy Galliano designs, so I think it is a good
idea making crazy shows and find fantastic and delicious pieces on boutique... I love hide the best, always too!!!

And Chanel designed by Galliano It could be Good
Remember that Galliano had always show us that hes got a biiiigggg talent!
Anyway i hav always think that Chanel is very squared
and Galliano makes me thing about an nice spiral!!!

:bunny:I HAD GOOD TIMES WITH YOU JHON:bunny:
:heart:
-MAYBE THAT´S WHY I AM LOVING YOU TOO LONG..

Yimi said:

and traslate all the image, details, colors, techniques, into wereable and exquisite clothes,
idea making crazy shows and find fantastic and delicious pieces on boutique... I love hide the best, always too!!!

Thanks for your post, I agree with you. But I think that Chanel's signature should be conserved... and it's a Karl's work. Maybe these two heroes could unite? :o :shock: :woot: :lol:

Yimi said:

Yes i think Galliano's clothes are not wearable, I mean even in his ready-to-wear line, if he's doing couture show, it's fine and i admire his creativity~ :woot: but what's the point of doing ready-to-wear but no one would wear?

i think chanel should not create a specific men's line... imo, it's kind of like "selling out"... the brand is so well loved in it's boyish girliness (does that even make sense?) and i feel it should stay that way.
i do like how they do occassional stuff for men... and i have seen some men's magazines where men are wearing chanel jackets, that was rather nice.

amchan said:
Yes i think Galliano's clothes are not wearable
If you go for the total look then yeah you'll definitely 'stand out' on the street. But if you just wear 1 piece at a time it's absolutely wearable.

For Chanel, since Coco was about liberating the women, I'd really see Karl put up some strict severe clothing for Chanel men?

I think he's just being ironic and having a sense of humor and also highlighting the history of the house, borrowing menswear and now giving it back, that kind of thing. I don't know if Chanel can seriously have a menswear collection without somehow distilling the technique, it's far too feminine...though there was an article in the NYTimes a few weeks back about how young straight men in Japan are blurring the lines with feminine looks and perms and purses and all that good stuff. Maybe he's on to something...

because... ,mañana, mañana will be tomorrow mañana por la mañana

amchan said:
Yes i think Galliano's clothes are not wearable, I mean even in his ready-to-wear line, if he's doing couture show, it's fine and i admire his creativity~ :woot: but what's the point of doing ready-to-wear but no one would wear?

I THINK THIS TO YOUR QUESTION:
BECAUSE THE CLOTHES THAT A LABEL LIKE DIOR MAKES
THEY ARE MADE FOR PEOPLE
WHO KNOWS A LOT OF FASHION
AND THIS PEOPLE KNOWS WHERE FIND THE INSPIRATION (CATWALK)
AND WHERE FIND THE REAL CLOTHES (STORE)
AND I KNOW WHERE FIND THE BAD COPIES (IN MY TOWN MARKET FOR EXAMP.)

So if you wanted buy some Dior or Galliano clothes
looking at the Fashion Show
was a bad idea, its just to fun
Do you remember the Teddy Boys show?
there were so big coats!!!!
and under the big coats there where so beautiful chifon dresses
but of course, many people just said Oh! the Clonws!!!!

maybe u could understand it in this way:​

THIS IS PUNO IN MY PERU WHERE GALLIANO INSPIRED FOR HIS
LAST COUTURE SHOW
FIRST.jpg

THIS IS WHAT WE SAW ON CATWALK
SEGUNDO.jpg

AND THIS IS WHAT WAS SELLING
IN NEIMAN MARCUS

TERCERO.jpg

AND THERE IS MORE
There is some exclusive pieces
THAT ARE SOLD IN PRIVATE SHOWROOMS...
Bussines World they call it
:king: just enjoy the king brother!!!:king:

i quite like look 28 of the cruse collection 05/06 from chanel.com (attached)
Any body reading this thread from new york or paris? if so in the main chanel boutiques are these homme pieces availble? as i called chanel in london today and they said they do not get any items for men however maybe in paris i could get some stuff any body else know where sells chanel menswear? I also noticed on chanel.com most of the catwalk shows have mens items in them. its wired how the chanel boutiques dont have any items and yet they do of the womens. i guess because chanel is known for women or something!
Thanks Paul.

Attachments

• chanel homme cruse collection 05.06.bmp
    365.2 KB · Views: 3
a little article...

Lagerfeld Flirts With Tweed Jacket Androgyny

The Chanel boucle tweed jacket, invented by Coco and endlessly reinvented by Karl Lagerfeld, has been fashionable for almost 75 years - and yesterday's catwalk show appeared to broaden the appeal even further.

By Guardian Newspapers, 3/5/2004
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
The Chanel boucle tweed jacket, invented by Coco and endlessly reinvented by Karl Lagerfeld, has been fashionable for almost 75 years - in a world where most fads last six months, an impressive record.

The jacket's staying power is due in part to its fan base. Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of the Democrat candidate, wears one almost every day. Kylie Minogue is photographed wearing hers with jeans.

And mere mortals can get the look on the high street: a half-decent knock-off of a black Chanel boucle jacket is sold in Tesco for £35.

Yesterday's catwalk show appeared to broaden the appeal even further, offering a Chanel jacket for men. Among the procession of beautiful women came the occasional jeans-clad male. One wore the classic boxy style of jacket in this season's giant black-and-white tartan tweed, with a matching scarf.

But this was not, Karl Lagerfeld insisted, a display of Chanel menswear. The jackets were designed for women, but worn by men in bigger sizes to show off what he called this season's "straighter, from-the-shoulder cut" - inspired by the famous photograph of Coco arm in arm with a friend, wearing their boyfriends' tweed coats. "Their chic derives from the line - the clothes have that clearline, masculine cut which gives women an air of fragile elegance," said Lagerfeld. In this spirit of androgyny, male and female models wore backcombed hair and flat shoes, and trousers outnumbered skirts - even for evening, where a black velvet trousersuit was offered in place of a cocktail dress. Refinement was sacrificed to the prevailing punk mood: dresses came in satin as garishly shiny as sweet wrappers.

Just in case this was too unpalatable, there were hints at a commercial collection. A quilted lavender jumpsuit, black woolly hat, and logoed ski goggles looked slightly loopy on the catwalk, but will doubtless be the height of chic in St Moritz next winter. © Guardian Newspapers Limited

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->