Chanel Pre-Fall 2020 Paris

A lot of the looks remind me of miu miu. Overall it's a dull collection bod clothes.

With each collection I like her woman more and more. It's more carefree, a little more rock, and it reminds me of those early aughts collections with regard to styling, and I'll never say no to that Chanel. Has something for every Chanel client, a very cool and democratic way to approach the metiers d'art...

I didn't have any opinion or feeling towards Virginie when it was announced she was taking over and I was very curious and open to her vision. Now, with a few season in, I'm just not so convinced by what she offers. It falls flat and even looks cheap in some places which is not something I ever thought I'd say about a Chanel collection. Karl's items could sometimes be highly tacky and even ugly, but they never looked cheap.

It was her best effort yet. A very safe collection, more commercial than ever but also more democratic than her first two efforts.
There are som good pieces but her clothes feels less special than for example those of the Egyptian collection.

She is quite heavy handed and her proportions are off.
Her Chanel is very conservative trying to be cool. The whole thing felt crafty as opposed of expensive.

The Chanel 31 Cambon sweater has already a lot of orders and some of the bags were cool.

Truth to be told, I don’t think she has anything to say with Chanel. She is just filling a position.

It was so weird to see Anna W in black...

She should really just stick to designing 'simple' looks. Her attempts at trying to be creative, for the most part, just look ridiculous or downright ugly. It still looks like she doesn't have a clear vision either.

Oh no, it looks like Virginie has gotten onto the micro handbag trend as well! Someone please put a halt to this! :judge: That being said, the other bags look lovely.

I think the first four and last looks are gorgeous - there's not so much going on and it allows you to focus on really appreciating the incredible embroidery and craftsmanship. Not really convinced about the coloured and all white looks (although the burgundy pant suits with the matching handbags are a lewk) - it feels like she is most comfortable working with black.

There are a few promising looks, I especially like the B/W half-half jacket.

But after 4 collections, you can tell she lacks of vocabulary, the shape, layer and styling are all stable and repetitive. Karl read tons of books to interpret his fantasy and idea, that's sth she may never live up to.
And she is restrained from using craftsmanship, sth Karl never care. Is she worrying the Atelier staffs may work too much?? LOL, let them get off work on time by using less and less embellishments and fancy details.

Also, from brand's preheat video, you can tell she is doing two person's jobs, Karl's and hers. I mean Karl had Virginie, but now Virginie don't have her "Virginie". Which is not a good situation for a person who need to contribute many creative ideas and concepts. She spend too much time on execution and coordination.

One more thing, ever time I saw the Métiers d'Art collection from Chanel, especially recent years, all I can think is that those clothes must be so damn expensive.......now this kind luxurious impression is gone, which is really sad, the brand's glamour is fading much faster than I expected.
It is ridiculous to see such big empire can fall so soon just because one person is lost.

She is quite heavy handed and her proportions are off.

Very much this. I have to say this really was her best effort so far, and I'm a fan of the opening looks, the black and white jacket, one bomber, some of the evening wear... but ultimately as a collection it falls flat again. And I just cannot believe she would send those Zuhair Murad-level lace dresses down the runway. They're disgusting.

Gorgeous set, music and cast.

Watching the video and for some reasons the few opening black looks, especially the double breasted ones, look more like mash-ups of late 80s/early 90s Yves Saint Laurent and Donatella’s Versace than Chanel to me...

The opening black looks were promising, and as others have mentioned, have that Chanel circa 2005-2007 look (which as I’ve said many times before is my favorite Chanel era)

But then...it all fizzles. The color palette is not great and the rainbow print is horrible and soooo Karl (the Karl I don’t like).

I really don’t mind Chanel being conservative and safe and dependable...it SHOULD be that....but that only works when it feels SPECIAL. And Virginie has yet to make anything that feels special. Karl understood that. He made some truly heinous things, but he also made some of the most breathtaking fashion we have been blessed with.

I don't know how to say it but too opulent, maybe? This collection is so "classic" that is almost cheesy. It work for a house like Rauph Lauren, but for Chanel? Nah.

Karl's Chanel always had a edgy fashion touch that never made Chanel go too much far of the fashion conversation, it always had something to say about now and the future. This is bland like Valentino used to be with MGC, its just good to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->