Chanel S/S 2006 : Daria Werbowy by Karl Lagerfeld

2005-2006 is my favorite period of Karl's Chanel. So chic, so effortless and so stylish. Just enough of a wink to keep it playful.

Makes me hate the current iteration of Chanel even more! So gimmicky! So ugly! Way too trendy!

What a wonderful campaign...Still today!
Emmanuelle and Karl were a wonderful duo.

This Chanel collection wasn't a favorite of mine at all. The eveningwear was spectacular and iconic but the rest of the collection was kinda weak IMO. By Karl's standards, it was his weakest collection since SS2001.

The photography is wonderful, Emmanuelle's styling is on point and timeless and Daria is of course the perfect girl.
Looking at it today, it could have been an editorial in Vogue Paris.

While i think that the Chanel we have today is the perfect Chanel for this time, i miss this era.
The collections are fun (they have always been) but i don't think Carine Roitfeld has captured the spirit of Chanel.
Alex White did a wonderful job after Emmanuelle.

What a wonderful campaign...Still today!
Emmanuelle and Karl were a wonderful duo.

This Chanel collection wasn't a favorite of mine at all. The eveningwear was spectacular and iconic but the rest of the collection was kinda weak IMO. By Karl's standards, it was his weakest collection since SS2001.

The photography is wonderful, Emmanuelle's styling is on point and timeless and Daria is of course the perfect girl.
Looking at it today, it could have been an editorial in Vogue Paris.

While i think that the Chanel we have today is the perfect Chanel for this time, i miss this era.
The collections are fun (they have always been) but i don't think Carine Roitfeld has captured the spirit of Chanel.
Alex White did a wonderful job after Emmanuelle.

Hi Lola, can you let us know who styled the campaign for each period? It's very interesting to know.:flower:

^^
From what i know...

- Emmanuelle Alt styled from SS2001 to SS2007
- Alex White styled from FW2007 to SS2011
- Carine Roitfeld since FW2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back