Chanel S/S 2016 : Lineisy Montero & Mica Arganaraz by Karl Lagerfeld

Lineisy's solo shot is everything !

I love how Karl just can't wait to jump on the new models of the moment season after season but I'm really happy for Lineisy and Mica. The collection is still terrible but it actually works here. Chanel hasn't looked this cool in a long time. Thanks mostly to the great cast.

This is stellar!! This is the Chanel I love: Bright, light, easy, breezy, cheerful.

YASSSS! Like, two latina girls in a major Chanel ad...I'm living for it.
Also, it vaguely reminds of the iconic Daria ads where she's in the streets of Hollywood. Perfection all around.

i'm so happy it's not in studio, really lovely! their campaigns have improved the last year

#Latinapower, such a great departure from last season's ad, refreshing and iconic yet simple.

yes, the only bearable Chanel campaign in years!

Damn. They out of budget or something?

When you have models this good what does the budget matter?

This is perfection. :heart: The shot of them holding hands took my breath away. Karl must have been inspired because he hasn't produced a campaign like this in a very long time. This is the campaign that can't be beat.

^ I agree. This campaign is refreshing. Perfect duo.

When you have models this good what does the budget matter?

This is perfection. :heart: The shot of them holding hands took my breath away. Karl must have been inspired because he hasn't produced a campaign like this in a very long time. This is the campaign that can't be beat.

Yeah budget does matter.
The reactions in a thread with the name Lineisy in it is just as predictable as one with the name Kendall in it. Members screaming perfection, iconic, perfect all over.

I don't get it. The setting is nothing new. Instead of using Kendall (glad he didn't) he jumped the Lineisywagon. Where is the time he photographed women who are Chanel instead of go with the flow. Every time i see the models in a Chanelcampaign i'm dissapointed, especially when I saw Freja and Lara walking together last show.

Anyway, Lineisy bores me to tears, she is one dimensional and not exciting. But she looks okay. Mica looks better. This campaign looks okay overall, nothing special, not exciting models.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's okay nothing more than that. I'm happy for Mica and she looks good, Lineisy looks boring like always.

I'm happy not to see Cara or Kendall and I get slight 2005-2010 vibes but it's still not almost that great as the campaigns from those years.

This. Also I'm happy it's not in a studio setting. Karl's work is best when it's not in a studio.

feel like they wouldn't have tried this outside setting if it weren't for the recent successful Gucci and Miu Miu campaigns...

^SS2015 with Gisele was in the streets of Paris :smile:

How many campaigns and editorials have we seen by now that put super expensive clothes and eccentric styling against rough neighborhoods?

Maybe it would have been just as cliche, but I wanted to see a full airline fantasy.

it reminds me the Spring 2012 campaign. Both of them become Icon now. I wish it gonna happen to them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->