Chanel S/S 2020 : Kristen Stewart by Jean-Baptiste Mondino

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

“The clothes feel activated. You’re meant to do something in them, not just sit and look pretty,” Kristen Stewart says about Chanel’s spring-summer collection. And so she hopped on a trampoline for photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino, who captured her mid-air for the French brand’s latest advertising campaign, slated to break Jan. 1 in European titles.

“I like her sparkling tomboy side,” enthused Mondino, who has also shot fragrance campaigns for Chanel starring Gaspard Ulliel and Vanessa Paradis.

A brand ambassador since 2015, and the face of Gabrielle Chanel perfume and Noir et Blanc de Chanel makeup, Stewart currently appears in the Benedict Andrews biopic “Seberg” about French actress Jean Seberg, which Chanel designer Virginie Viard cited as an inspiration for her spring fashion proposal, paraded on a set of Parisian rooftops.

WWD.COM

'The clothes feel activated'? :lol: What a fraud. Try 'the clothes feel awful but the money is good'.
I thought after Karl's death Chanel marketing would see the light and get rid of this 'actress', who has been terrible and ill-fitting for this brand since her first campaign. Much like Jennifer Lawrence is for Dior.

Also, getting Mondino to shoot this makes it worse. I'm sure we'll see a Numero cover sometime soon.

The only active about this is the money transfer.

I can't understand why a lot of people want to look like their grandma when wearing Chanel, they look old and cheap. Yes, the details and fabrics are nice but that's it. Something the same is available at your cheap clothing stores.

OMG... I actually like her but she looks nothing but deactivated... like a battery powered doll that is about to run out of them...

For a second my delusional little heart skipped a beat thinking it'd be the Kristen (McMenamy). Then I realised what a fool I've been.
The campaign looks absolutely hideous.

I’m gonna wait for a few more pics before I judge

She looks so uncomfortable and stiff. That outfit also doesn't suit her at all.

The collection was bad, the campaign is bad...And Jean Baptiste Mondino? Really?
After the flawless Karim Sadli campaign?

Chanel is definitely off my radar...

In one year they have ruined the magic that took 30 years to be solidified...

Chanel, Dior & Givenchy are all terrible. The three biggest Couture Houses in the world...wow! Well done...

I love KStew and I still think that she embodies the Chanel spirit but this campaign is just awful. A confirmation that what is going on at Chanel after Karl will stay where it is, boring, annoying and just in for the money.

Never liked Kristen in general, never liked her messy look, never got to understand how she became Chanel's principal ambassador when she clearly doesn't care about fashion and doesn't have any allure.. She's not even an actress with loads of fans. But this shot makes only things worse! You can see these clothes don't belong to her, the expression, pose, photography, styling.. It's all wrong. I hope the next pictures will be decent and not disastrous like this.

I love KStew and I still think that she embodies the Chanel spirit but this campaign is just awful. A confirmation that what is going on at Chanel after Karl will stay where it is, boring, annoying and just in for the money.

Yes, so much this. I really think Kristen is somehow perfect for Chanel, but this shot isn't it. This whole brand isn't it nowadays, such a shame.

She is good for Chanel. At least, she had the attitude for Karl’s Chanel.
While I think she is much more of a mid 00’s Chanel girl like Cat Power or Selma Blair, The edge of Karl’s Chanel worked for her...

This sugary and conservative tragedy that is going on is not for her and she is not great enough as an actress to really embody this pink suit.
This is for the youngest daughter of Princess Caroline, not a grown woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cleopatragirlie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->