Chanel S/S 2021 Paris

Actually, I agree with you on this one; but the problem is that when I hear her name the first thing that pops in my mind are her Gucci days
It was terrible! It was just over-designed and tried to hard to be like Tom...
But she redeemed herself with Valentino, Moncler Gamme Rouge and Tod’s
Like three posts at major fashion houses (Gucci, Valentino, Tod's) are not enough to show one's potential? Seriously?!
Like many designers grown in the shadows of Tom Ford, I think she's talented and professional, but never showed any sign of real vision, a bit like Frida and Clare, to make it clear.
Her Valentino was labour-intensive but without the label stitched on you would have never guessed what it was, it could have been Valli at a quick glance. But I agree that she probably needed more time to develop her ideas.
I think she did a good job at Tod's, but again, the product was wonderful, the design not distinctive enough. And, lat's say it, Tod's RTW is a lost cause.

Also, I have a feeling that if you manage to be fired so quickly from three different brands, it might have something to do with your overall attitude and temper...
Alessandra’s case is quite particular in the industry. She got Gucci in the same way Stefano got YSL but it was a different time and position for those brands. YSL was in development and Gucci was the cash-cow of PPR. John Ray did the menswear and Alessandra did the womenswear. She had lukewarm critics but eventually it was the accessories designed by Frida that drove the sales. Stefano’s collections got instant support from US Vogue, VP and tbh, Stefano had a support in Paris and also the support of Pierre Bergé. Gucci needed to sell fast and Frida became a huge seller from her first collection.

She did not stayed at Valentino because she was chosen by Permira, there was huge controversies regarding Valentino’s exit and in this type of situation and restructuration of the company, you cannot afford bad publicity. Valentino became much more pleasant when PP and MGC got the job.

Frida showed her vision! She had a precise, distinctive vision. It was easy, commercial and while maybe not suited for the fashion force that was Gucci, it was successful. Clare had a vision for Chloé but not for Givenchy! Alessandra got a vision for Valentino. Her 4 collections showed a vision.

And the owner of Tod’s knew her from her Gucci days and was a supporter of her at Valentino. He attended her shows. She left Tod’s at the end of her contract. As you said, Tod’s is not the brand where you goes for clothes even if they are fabulous they are more accessories to accessories.

When I see what DelAqua did for Rochas, I think she could have been great for Rochas. And I still think she could be good for Armani womenswear.

The business world of fashion is kinda small and she has a great reputation. The problem maybe is that she had a very Italian career and never had the opportunity to shine on a bigger stage for a longtime. So, she will likely be called by an Italian executive...
Stefano Pilati had a « difficult » reputation from his YSL days but the problem is that the owner is just the owner of the second biggest luxury group in the world! It’s a bit the same for Frida Giannini tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->