Charles Anastase S/S 10 London

there's something here. i mean, it is charles anastase, but i can't help but wonder if he'd get any acclaim at all if he presented during new york fashion week. we're so quick to skewer our own when i don't find this stuff all that innovative/inspirational at all either.

20p5rq.jpg
8x3qde.jpg

1em82w.jpg
xglbb4.jpg

28lt57d.jpg
358pg0i.jpg

style.com

most of the pieces are lovely...besides the questionable long bedsheet numbers. :sick:

the shoes are the best!

while ppl questionned the shoes at CK for no reason.
I question those shoes.

I don't understand where he's going with this.

Lack of money, Charles ?
I'm sad ... But is that a reason to throw a show like this ?

Videos are onto Diane Pernet's site.

I like a few of the pieces notably the trench coats and the beige highwaisted pants.

But overall this collection is lacking for me. The last 4 looks he sent out are terrible imo.

so happy he's back to form. those tiered frilly cocoon dresses are especially beautiful to me.

The closing pieces look so messy and poorly constructed, as if they were nothing but a last thought. It is a very mixed bag in general. There are some truly sublime looks. Mainly the dresses/jckts combo. Very rudimentary in theory, but in practice there is something so earnest and sincere about the pairing here, a great mash-up of everything Charles is about. I wish the collection would have been more layered and inspired, like last spring's collection...

Some averagely nice pieces.. a jumpsuit in the same cut as the awful leather one at YSL..
I like the pleat-fold skirt and maybe the dirty-yellow dress with the black line and the random piece of storm-blue fabric..
Not at all memorable.

everything is so crazy and playful! <3 i adore anastase

i wish i could like this but it just looks like a mess

I adore this!!!!!Not feeling the grungy, dirty 90's stuff he was showing last season, but this is very Anastase essentials!!!!A great comeback, the layerings are sensational, so is the color palette, there is a quirky ease to it. A highlight so far for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->