Charles de Vilmorin Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

I can picture this collection as props for EuroDisney. They could use this to inaugurate new attractions about Disney villains.

Curious where he is getting the funding for all of this.

Given the state of independent fashion right now it almost feels like self-sabotage to hold a show like this.
It's a similar business model to Harris Reed, where their whole business is hinged on made-to-order pieces. Due to low operation costs, they only need to sell maybe 5 to 10 pieces at 10'000 to 50'000 each to fund the next season. It's a smart business model.

It's a similar business model to Harris Reed, where their whole business is hinged on made-to-order pieces. Due to low operation costs, they only need to sell maybe 5 to 10 pieces at 10'000 to 50'000 each to fund the next season. It's a smart business model.
is that even enough to pay their atelier and their space rental. or are they usually working in the outskirts of france.

Interesting. Hard for me to imagine enough wealthy women, haute couture clients being in the market for this style of garments TBH.

I am curious if he is still working with Lucien Pages, PR is very expensive even with a friendly discount.
I can't imagine Charles paying a monthly retainer from selling this collection
And after the Rochas gig, where can he go?

In desperate need of editing. This is so difficult to look at. But I do appreciate the strange choices in fabrics.

He even managed to get some fairly accomplished models like Georgina Grenville and...Noemie Lenoir?

I am curious if he is still working with Lucien Pages, PR is very expensive even with a friendly discount.
I can't imagine Charles paying a monthly retainer from selling this collection
And after the Rochas gig, where can he go?
He is still working with Lucien Pages. He is tagged as the PR for this show at least. I suppose some of these PRs handle some relations for young designers they take interest in at under-market rate or for gratuity as an investment in a young designer’s career.

is that even enough to pay their atelier and their space rental. or are they usually working in the outskirts of france.
Pretty sure Charles de Vilmorin and Harris Reed's businesses subsist solely off of unpaid interns. Also these guys come off as nepo babies so it's all a vanity business to them, they probably don't care if they make profit as long as people are talking about the draaammmaaaaa

Pretty sure Charles de Vilmorin and Harris Reed's businesses subsist solely off of unpaid interns. Also these guys come off as nepo babies so it's all a vanity business to them, they probably don't care if they make profit as long as people are talking about the draaammmaaaaa
The vanity business/ “creative release” set up works when you have a day job, like he did at Rochas. The challenge is surviving and building something viable on your own when you no longer have a creative director position at Rochas or Nina Ricci.

Can I say sum without everyone getting mad at me. It’d be one thing if he was trying to start a “brand” to sell crap, but it seems like this is just his personal project for expressing himself. And while yes he presents at couture week for everyone to judge, I feel like his tea is valid.

Can I say sum without everyone getting mad at me. It’d be one thing if he was trying to start a “brand” to sell crap, but it seems like this is just his personal project for expressing himself. And while yes he presents at couture week for everyone to judge, I feel like his tea is valid.
I kinda agree it is personal expression, done with 1/100th of the budget of Balenciaga and with a lot of pro-bono and goodwill. I am not enthralled by the collection but good for him if some clients prefer to go to him instead of Balenciaga.

I must confess I quite like his cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->