Chloe Bracelet Bag

Maxi

Reaction score
First hello to all. I just found this forum and hopefully will be able to get and give a lot of good information regarding fashion.

I do have some questions regarding Chloe's large bracelet bags. I called the Chloe boutique and was told that the large bag costs $1450 (I would be buying the black bag with silver hardware). I can't see the bag in person so I would have to order sight unseen and was told that if I didn't like it I would only get store credit - not a refund. So my first question is do you feel that this is a quality bag? I don't want to buy it if the leather is thin or unlined. Do you think this bag will be classic? Can I wear it for years to come or is it too trendy? I will not spend almost $1500 on a bag that is not of exceptional quality and is trendy.

I'm going to try and post a picture of it. Hopefully some of you have seen this bag in person or some even have it.

Thanks!

Couldn't attach the pic in my first post, let's see if I can get it this time.

Chloe.jpg

Attachments

• Chloe.jpg
    Chloe.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi Maxi,

Welcome to TFS :flower:

I love the Chloe bracelet bags and think they are very beautiful. To be honest though, I can't see spending $1,500 on any handbag, let alone one that is just plain leather. I have seen a few of the Chloe bags in person and to be honest wasn't all that impressed with the craftmanship. I hope that someone here can provide you with furhter details.

Hi stylegurrl,

I was hoping that someone who has seen the bag would reply, I'm sorry to hear that the craftmanship isn't really good - for $1500 you would think it would be fantastic. Oh well, I guess my search continues. I'm looking for something really similar, good quality and, now, less then half the price tag. I think I might give Bottega Veneta a try. If I order one from Neiman's I can at least get my money back.

Thanks!

Eh.... 1500 is a lot of money.. if i was to spend 1500 on a bag it'd have to be on something that would be more timeless.

Luna, I agree. Now, I just need to find something like it inexpensively - but good quality.

Do you have a DSW near you? My friend got a bag that had the same exact hardware.. and it was pretty well made.. I think she paid like 70 for it there.

Hehe...

Hi Maxi, I have a large Chloe Bracelet bag but its not the same one in the pic. I have the one from the s/s 04 collection thats just gone by, with hundreds of tiny little beads embroided on it.
I think the bag is quite classic and the shape is something that Chloe will probably have for a long time. Its quite large and very roomy. Also im my opinion, the leather is ok...I think its calf skin leather but I have to check. :flower:

Luna,

This is a stupid question, but what is DSW??? :blush:

vintage princess,

I would love to get one of Chloe bracelet bags with the beading on but I can only imagine what they cost :shock: .

DSW is this big designer discount shoe place. They have a wall of handbags too. At least, thats what DSW is here.

Im not sure how much the Chloe bag is from where you are, but Im guessing what you said, around $1200 or a little more.

I was only persuaded into buying it because I maganed to see it on sale, otherwise I may of not got it at all. :wink:

I was only persuaded into buying it because I maganed to see it on sale, otherwise I may of not got it at all.

I do not live near any retailers that carry a large selection of bags. I can carry the most copied bag and everyone would look at it in awe :huh:

When I want to go shopping, "real shopping" I have to travel 2 1/2 hours to get there - which I do once every one or two months. Since I have to buy a lot site unseen, I really need to pay attention to the return policy. I don't want to be stuck with $1500 in store credit from a designers boutique. I'd rather get the item from Neimans or Saks, at least there I'd have a selection from various designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->