Baby Giselle Bag

Reaction score
i'm thinking about investing in a baby giselle bag. i think the normal sized giselle would be too big for me, i'm only 5'2. i looove this bag to death, but is it just a trendy bag or a classic?

... are you talking about the Luella bag? :huh:

i wouldnt say its a CLASSIC... a Birkin is a classic, a Kelly is a classic, the Chanel quilted bag is a classic.

i would say its a younger updated version of a work bag for the modern sophisticate...

The Luellea Giselle holdall is in the same category of the Balenciaga Moto bag or the Marc Jacobs Stella. Will your grand daughter be wearing it 50 years? Doubtful. But for now, and for the immediate future it is a classic. I personally don't like the small size, but you should go with what you feel comfortable carrying. Just a word of warning--if you want it to be more classic go for one in either pink, black, or brown leather. The other colors, the hair calf, and the canvas are more seasonal.

oh, okay thanks.

i guess i didn't really mean "classic", as being compared to hermes and chanel.

i just meant not a trendy bag that will pass over soon.

Loving these Luella bags

I would say that yes it is a modern classic

Spotted these new versions on net-a-porter.com and neimanmarcus.com - love the red which is new for Fall, (was sold out already though!), also love the Brogue Baby Gisele and the new shape called 'Gisele Tote' - looks very practical and love the big chunky buckles

x

Attachments

• red_gisele.jpg
    red_gisele.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Brogue_gisele.jpg
    Brogue_gisele.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Gisele_tote.jpg
    Gisele_tote.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 14
I saw that new Lueela tote style bag as well. Im not sure whether I like it or not though.. :ermm:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 23 2004, 12:30 PM
I saw that new Lueela tote style bag as well. Im not sure whether I like it or not though.. :ermm:
[snapback]314724[/snapback]​

I don't think its quite as fabulous as the original Gisele - but for practical reasons i think it could be very useful, open top with zip central compatment, those handles look shoulder carrying length . . . blah blah

maybe it would be more exciting in a colour! Anyone know if it comes in colours too?

Still a pretty sexy looking bag as well . . .

i wouldnt say the mini is a classic.. i was looking at it the other day and its rather really really tiny and like a miniature or a sample of the normal version.
i am really short but id still go for the original size :wink:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jul 23 2004, 01:16 PM
i wouldnt say the mini is a classic.. i was looking at it the other day and its rather really really tiny and like a miniature or a sample of the normal version.
i am really short but id still go for the original size :wink:
[snapback]314747[/snapback]​

I think there have been 4 sizes now!

There is the big one that Gisele carried on the runway, then the next size down is the classic size, then there is the 'baby' Gisele (which isn't that small), then there is new for this season the 'mini' which is very small - maybe this is this the one you saw Leyla?

x

Originally posted by catwalker@Jul 23 2004, 07:26 PM
I think there have been 4 sizes now!

There is the big one that Gisele carried on the runway, then the next size down is the classic size, then there is the 'baby' Gisele (which isn't that small), then there is new for this season the 'mini' which is very small - maybe this is this the one you saw Leyla?

x
[snapback]314757[/snapback]​

yep probably it was the MINi cos i doiubt there can be a smaller size.
i saw them in harvey nics in london and they still got them :unsure:

*just a note* lol i dont have a comment on the bags but i noticed people were getting confused with trendy and classic...

a fad = something that will be out next week. no staying power

a trend= something that sticks for awhile, something that may come back in styl later, such as the 80's look.

a classic= never goes out of style. always a good look. llike a polo of the chanel quilted bag, etc.

sorry, just thought i might help out a little bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->