Christian Dior "Midnight Poison" Fragrance : Eva Green

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score
evagreendiormidnightpoipp7.jpg

The fragrance is described as an amber-y, rosy, and woody fragrance, which was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Olivier Cresp of Firmenich in collaboration with François Demachy of LVMH.

The perfume starts out with fruity top notes of mandarine and bergamot, glides into a rose heart and leaves an amber-y and woody wake composed of patchouli, amber, and Bourbon vanilla.

The bottle, designed to be reminiscent of the sweep of Cinderella’s dress as she flees from the ball in the midnight haze, is a mix of celadon, cobalt and ultramarine blues, and its shape follows the design of Dior’s Poison bottles.

The outer carton is said to contribute to this celebration of nocturnal charms and is also inspired by the magic of the tale’s clock striking midnight.

The scent will retail between 22 Euros and 101 Euros.

Midnight Poison is slated to be out on September 3rd 2007.

EvaGreenWeb

Can't wait to see the tv spot directed by Wong Kar-Wai!

That's very dark...! Is that the fragrance in her hand?

Oh that's a good point...the article says that the bottle resembles past Poison bottles, and they're shaped like so:

mini-poison.jpg

nowsmellthis

So I guess it's not what she's holding, then. Perhaps this is just half of a two-page ad (With the bottle on the other side)?

I was googling in search of more information about this, and I found some pics from the lauching.

I also found out that according to Eva Green, this poison version has a "younger", fresher scent compared to it´s previous versions, like it´s advertising, filmed on the Opera Garnier in Paris.

Probably that dress is the one she wears on the advertising.

sources:http://beijingchic.blogspot.com

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 77336_hq004_122_996lo.jpg
    77336_hq004_122_996lo.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
If you look closer, she's not holding anything in her hand.

Im calling my backups tomorrow morning and see if I can get any more info and pics from my old training book

As for past experience, I think the bottle will be the same original shape as all poisons, which is supposed to resemble the forbidden fruit, the apple. They are mentioning somethign about cinderellas dress blah blah blah the typical alluring Dior lingo, which translates into something like "the bottle will have some ripples and extra curves to the apple shaped bottle"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking....it's a huge dress, in the back?

I don't get the appeal of Eva Green.

But I do admit she fits the mood of the fragrance.

I love it, i really like the dark sense of this, she looks like a witch!

Dark and mysterious, but this is the impression that Eva Green projects.
She looks seriously evil but in a good way.

I love it! Very mysterious, Eva looks awesome...

I love it. Its dark and mysterious. Who is the photographer?

I've always hated the smell of poison. maybe this one not smell so bad

Stunning, but I wish they didn't necessarily make everything blue, even her arms.

I'd like to see more. :smile: I love Eva Green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->