Christian Dior Resort 2018 Los Angeles

when she did that documentary for channel 4 i thought she seemed so lovely, i love her way of working, her philosophy, but it just doesn't translate in the clothes ! i don't understand it at all

rat's the opposite (and despite his arrogance, i totally miss him at dior :lol:)

I opened instagram this morning and I thought this was a new Chloé collection. She seems so lost

First thing: The set is maybe the most beautiful Dior ever had in more than a decade. It really looked beautiful and take the whole thing to another level.

About the collection now. At first, i was a bit confused because it looked kinda similar in terms of interpretation with the Paris-Dallas collection. But i believe that those states from the west may have sort of similar history. It looked really like "the conquest of the West".

MG is a really one-dimensional designer and it is really frustrating. It's a resort collection, so the expectations are not that high, but at the same time it's her best work to date. I believe that with her, the print people must me more busy than the others.
We'll basically see this shape everytime!
The show was flat and boring as hell!!

I only liked the big chunky white knitwear and the big big furs!

Even if she is a terrible designer, she is at least very clever. Those "millenials" (i vomit the word) will die to wear those awful logo-underwear inspired-briefs/bras and as many women still think that those long volumunous dresses suit them, they will buy it.

This collection is a massive "YES IN THE BANK" for the Arnault. Too bad it doesn't really elevates the prestige of a house like Dior.

she is just not strong and inspiring enough to lead such a big brand, Dior is no longer exciting as long as she in charge

What a forgettable collection.

yikes have we moved on from valentino 2.0 to .... ralph lauren? this is pretty horrible, stale, and boring

lol if you get to the point where your luxurious destination is calabasas, maybe it's time for a staycation.. just, go home.

Is she trying to appeal to whomever's shopping for a Tadao Ando house in the middle of the New Mexico desert?

I'm sorry, my dear, but you are up for elimination.

this is messy to me, i find some of the prints and the layering vaguely interesting, but it doesn't feel like dior at all. i see flashes of something potentially special in a few of the looks posted, namely 9, 10 and 11 but it's all so heavy and the hats feel gimmicky. Still, we're sure to see plenty of undeserved praise from well compensated 'critics', which is a little disheartening. i wish fashion journalists were more openly critical of collections, it's the only way we'll see these heritage houses pushing boundaries again.

It's all just so ugly, unappealing and unoriginal.

Wheres the youth? The clothes were not terrible, the fact that they were on the runway on 16-20yr olds did not help.

So just like at Valentino, she's sticking to the exact same dress and changing up the decoration depending on the season's theme (hearts, stars, unicorns, rainbows). Riveting and groundbreaking. But I guess that's all you need to produce, to direct a major fashion house these days.

vogue.co.uk

It's okay but nothing she has done has blown me away yet.

That repeated dress shape is so unflattering too like how much longer can we make the chest/clavicle area look? It looks as if she would pop right out of it.

Awful collection. She has absolutely ZERO range. It's a single tune playing on repeat. You can easily tell that the hatred and criticism for her "Blue" Collection has influenced this over-embellished and frumpy mess. It's the rich middle aged tourists going out to dinner or museums in Santa Fe. It's a very poor and lackluster interpretation of the Southwest. I mentioned middle aged women because who else would want to wear this? It has no sex appeal and no fantasy. As time goes on it's very clear that she's not the right person for the job. They should have just re-hired Bill Gaytten. At least he sold well. His clown couture collection was better than anything Maria has produced so far. She is so frustrating! Push it more woman!

All I can think of is 98's Diorient Express collection, and how boring this is compared to that. Both collections are pretty bold in appropriation, but at least Johns wild fantasy collections were never dull like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->