Christian Dior S/S 2022 by Brigitte Niedermair

It’s nice graphic imagery. But it’s not as strong as Marc’s Daniel buren collection campaign for Vuitton.

the clothes are so weak

This is at the level of Michael Kors. So shockingly cheap looking. And that set design! Whoever art-directed this should be ashamed of themselves! Don't get me started on the casting which is so basic. Steinberg, again? They've used her prominently since January 2021. It's exhausting! Shake it up a little Maria!

Also I don't understand why each season CHANEL looks consistently and inherently French in aesthetic and Dior looks Italian, Greek, etc etc, anything but French? The identity of the brand is so watered down, so globalised and commercial, what does it even stand for and represent these days?

the concept is interesting but it falls flat unfortunately and mostly due to the models choice.
if your idea is to have the models just starting straight at you these faces have to be strong enough for that. it is not the case.
Steinberg can’t pull off a resting b*tch bored face like Lexi or Binx because she always looks pissed off. it’s not the same.

as for the other girls I have no idea who they are but that’s probably my fault.

first group shot is terrible. the other two are ok.

Also I don't understand why each season CHANEL looks consistently and inherently French in aesthetic and Dior looks Italian, Greek, etc etc, anything but French? The identity of the brand is so watered down, so globalised and commercial, what does it even stand for and represent these days?

Being global is always the goal of monsieur Dior himself, that the part of the DNA of the house. He has designed specific collections for different countries like Australia, US or Japan. That is one of the reason of his success. Also you don't come to Dior for French aesthetics. That's Isabel Marant territory.

I have a quote from Karl that very fitting for Virginie current Chanel "very middle-of-the-road French, very provincial". Boring as hell.

Maria Grazia booked Steinberg, Maryel & Sculy again?
giphy.gif

giphy.com

Well at least she's loyal to her usual go-to girls. Before them there was Ruth and Selena and now it's Sofia and Sculy.

This campaign does nothing for me. I like the composition but that's pretty much it.

Who is responsible for this? It's so LAME! Seriously, have you ever seen something as cringey as this?

DIOR

A crying shame to think of the level of mediocrity that Christian Dior's advertising campaign imagery has become. They could've done SO much more with the 60s/retro theme but this is extremely redundant and lackluster - from the concept to the casting.

Yet another dud of a Dior advertising campaign during Maria Grazia Chiuri's tenure. To think of all those electric Nick Knight campaigns from Galliano's early days to this never-ending Brigitte Niedermair nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->