Christian Siriano S/S 2021 New York

He is capable of making the original designs more tacky. .

I actually didnt mind the wide skirts with the bustiers even if I've never been a fan of tulle. the contrast has a fun element though there were quite a number of terribly made pieces especially for the curvy models. The location was terrible too for the very wide skirts and dresses literally every model wearing a long outfit tripped also where did Coco disappear under the water?

You can tell that he designed instagrammable looks than actual design. All those influencers are going to drown in all that tulle and the VOTE dress and hats!

I'm beginning to that all Siriano does is take what everyone else is already doing but with more a more diverse sizing.
He's not Tadashi shoji for instance, who most of the times may be veering on the more schmaltzy side, but at least can his aesthetic his own.

It’s interesting how daylight makes his fabrics looks slightly more expensive than usual...
Alexis Mabille, here’s a tip for you here-_-

I know Siriano is like the champion of body diversity but if a very curvy woman comes to me to know where to shop for her body type, it will pain me to tell her that, but Dolce & Gabbana are still the ones for it.

I mean, Look 7 is literally painful to watch. What’s the point in dressing someone against it body type?

I know Siriano is like the champion of body diversity but if a very curvy woman comes to me to know where to shop for her body type, it will pain me to tell her that, but Dolce & Gabbana are still the ones for it.

It's interesting because the fashion market for curvy women is rapidly expanding. Many designers are doing it. Personally I've always preferred to Eckhaus Latta and Tadashi to be champions when it comes to making curvy women look good. Eckhaus Latta especially toes a fine line between youthful and conservative without being condescending.
But I will add that I've seen a curvy model in the current issue of US Marie Claire, an accessories story, and she wore a knitted D&G ensemble which looked great on her. Odd that they're not promoting that angle more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->