Christin Losta - Photographer

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
i love the attention to detail in her photographs and how she is making clothes look dramatic and luxurious on their own.:heart:

there's an exhibition of her couture photography in cologne (museum für angewandte kunst) right now:

from museenkoeln.de

toute la collection - Photographs by Christin Losta

The topic of Christin Losta, photographer from Vienna, are the exquisite models of haute couture in the large international fashion collections. With her camera, she explored the creations of the most important contemporary couturiers in London, Paris, New York, Zurich and The Hague. Losta’s photographs reveal hidden constructions and focus on design details, in which the individual style of a couturier is disclosed in an often surprising way.

Metropolitan Museum of Art - The Costume Institute New York, 1999
C-Print
Ed.: 10
49 x 41,5 cm

from galerietanit.com

Attachments

• losta_01.jpg
    losta_01.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
same source

sibylle canonica:

Attachments

• losta_02.jpg
    losta_02.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 6
madeleine vionnet, den haag.

same source

Attachments

• losta_03.jpg
    losta_03.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 9
maggy rouff, zürich.

Attachments

• losta_04.jpg
    losta_04.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7
pierre cardin, again museum bellerive, zürich.

same source:

Attachments

• losta_05.jpg
    losta_05.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
balenciaga photographs from the louvre studios in paris, taken by christin losta for süddeutsche zeitung magazin, issue 38 2006
scanned by me:
see here

from www.goethe.de
Hardly any other photographer focuses so intensely on fashion as haute couture, as works of art. Fascinated by historical exemplars of haute couture, Losta ransacks some of the biggest and most important collections of costumes in the world. She arranges the creations on dummies – but with a telling twist: she often turns the garments inside out to reveal their hidden inner life, explore their structural design and trace their ingenious cuts. By accentuating the autonomy of the outfits she creates textile sculptures with an artistry attuned to the beauty and nobility of her inanimate subjects. Christin Losta also likes to peek inside the studios of famous fashion designers, not in search of glamour, but to document their craftsmanship and their work. Losta, who hails from Vienna, has been working as a freelance photographer in Munich since 1981. Apart from fashion, she also delves into the world of dance, not so much to monitor the mechanics of the body, but to capture the inner motion and emotions of the dancers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I'm not hooked yet, but I'm definetily wanting to see more.

^i'd love to show you more but unfortunately that was all i could find online.
german vogue dedicated a page to her this month that i'll try to scan soon.

no scans yet, but

BILD_2.jpg

BILD_1.jpg

BILD_5.jpg

http://www.art-perfect.de/

yes the new additions are lovely.. the light playing off the sequins especially :heart:

thanks estella :flower:

NEW:
mode_3.jpg

Geoofree-Beeney

bigger versions:
mode_1.jpg

mode_2.jpg

Charles James

mode_5.jpg

Yves Saint Laurent

mode_4.jpg

source: ard.de

love the closeups very much
Thanks for bringing in the new photos, elfenkind

Absolutely amazing, that red sequin photograph is stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->