Class Rings

Texas A&M rings are often worn long after graduation here :innocent: They're solid yellow gold (no stone) and there's a single design, so they can be recognized from a distance. My alma mater went to a single design recently, apparently attempting to imitate this success.

I skipped class rings, but got a Phi Beta Kappa key in the smallest size and wore it backwards on a chain ... I'm not sure anyone except family and friends ever recognized it. When I was shopping for a chain everyone assumed it was a sorority :rolleyes:

my boarding school has had the smame style ring since the 1800's. I still wear it, because its easily recognizable around here. It's very simple and unobtrusive, basic dinner ring style.

J'aime_la_mode said:
I passed on the whole class ring thing. I think theyre so chunky that theyre hard to ever wear and I dont really see the point... For the same price I could get real piece of jewelry like others have said.

Agreed. Not to mention they can by tacky sometimes.. :ninja:

Durham is amazing! If by cheap imitation you mean old university, with academic brilliance but with none of the poles up arses, then you would be right.

Thanks for that info Meg. I might actually bother finishing my degree.

haha I met a guy this weekend who went to Durham and he was like 'i was too fit to go to oxbridge' (ie he didn't get in) but it was hilarious none the less. Durham is a good uni though, hence why some people call it doxbridge.

anyway, yes sienna finish your degree! Oxbridge consider their undergrad degrees to be the equivalent of most schools MA's which is why they 'give away' the MA after three years. Plus the second year is the easiest. At least at Oxford it is. You don't write any exams during your second year.

bleech. i hate class rings. i thinkt hey are pointless and very ugly :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->