Cloak Menswear Fall 05 NYC

How did it all turn out, kLm? And congrats, you married man, you! So soon after the wedding and posting already???:wink:

woohoo! congrats kLm, welcome to the club! when is the baby coming?

baklanyc said:
How did it all turn out, kLm? And congrats, you married man, you! So soon after the wedding and posting already???:wink:

Wedding is this Saturday :wink: I won't be posting after the wedding for a while... Everything turned out (relatively) OK with the suit. Let's put it this way--I still like their stuff, and I'll still wear it, and I wish them luck. I do not have a bespoke suit from Cloak, but I do have a Cloak suit to wear to the wedding.

And no freaking babies for the forseeable future, thank you very much Faust.

Well, I hope they gave you your money back for the value of the bespoke suit you didn't get...!

what is cloak sizing like? is it very slim. i usually wear a 46 and a 44 a little snug. thanx.

i'd say cloak sizing for jackets runs fitted, but not tight. the cuts are a bit more generous this season (bakla pointed this out a few pages ago on this thread). i'm about your size, and i fit into a small in the SS04 and FW04 pieces, but some of the jackets this season were definately looser on me. the upshot is that cloak now makes XS (this size fits me well for the one jacket i tried on this season). i think they currently only have select pieces in XS (some shirts and some jackets), but i was told that they have ordered a run of XS in most items for the fall.

I love this collection. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get my hand on either of these 2 jackets in a 46? I especially want this blouson, I know it retailed for around $700 Anyone selling one?
00160m.jpg

00130m.jpg
This is the other one I'm really interested in, again sz 46.

Also, did anyone see these in person and any point, and if so how were they? From what I understand the blouson is quilted cotton and shearling lined?

Thanks.

/\ /\ I saw both this past Fall at Opening Ceremony - they didn't really impress me, but I'm biased against Cloak nowadays, so don't take my word for it. They were 48s even if they were Small sizes. I didn't see them in 46s.

You may want to try calling the Cloak store in SoHo to see if they still have them.

I tried calling the NY store a few weeks ago and they had a few pieces left from the fall '05, but neither of which I was looking for.... I love Cloak... why so biased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->