Cloak Menswear Fall 05 NYC

kLm

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the Cloak F/W 05 pictures are up on WireImage?

Link

I don't have an account, or else I would post 'em. I can't wait to see the big pictures. Some of the images look like a significant departure (at least in pattern and cut, although it is hard to tell from the small photos) from the established "Cloak" look, but most of 'em look like what we know and love.

Here are a few I captured from hintmag.com. Click on them to enlarge.

thanks for the pics guys...

this is very nice actually. like the use of colour and the turquoise cardigan in particular. Faust - that's not you on the left in the second photo is it!?!

helena said:
this is very nice actually. like the use of colour and the turquoise cardigan in particular. Faust - that's not you on the left in the second photo is it!?!

No, I have dark hair :flower:

Yeah, thanks alot to you both, I was waiting so long for this show! :D

I like the collection, but not as much as their FW 2004 collection, seems to be a bit less dark and edgy than the 2004 collection...

Last edited by a moderator:
drexl said:
Yeah, thanks alot to you both, I was waiting so long for this show! :D

I like the collection, but not as much as their FW 2004 collection, seems to be a bit less dark and edgy than the 2004 collection...

I can still that element in some images, but yes, not as much.

I like....

I wouldn't say it was a departure as I see alot of resemblence of their earlier works.

I like it, I'm not shr if I love, but I can't tell much.

I like what little I can see so far - I'm kind of over all that goth-militaria that we've had over the past couple of seasons. I like the tailoring fabrics & elements, but will have to see what those look like in person.

This collection looks like it relies heavily on chunky knits, which I HATE in menswear. In womenswear, it can look cozily sophisticated, but most of the time it looks too campy in menswear- and not campy in a good way. It's probably due to shape of the M/F build, mostly in the shoulders. I would like to see the rest of the collection, as Cloak always has a few amazing pieces.

paprika_hiccup said:
This collection looks like it relies heavily on chunky knits, which I HATE in menswear. In womenswear, it can look cozily sophisticated, but most of the time it looks too campy in menswear- and not campy in a good way. It's probably due to shape of the M/F build, mostly in the shoulders. I would like to see the rest of the collection, as Cloak always has a few amazing pieces.

WHAT?! Girl, I better take a picture for you :lol: .

I think it has a softer look to it than the past season which I think is a great progression for them. That blue sweater is awesome! I love the collar of the jkt in the 2nd pic 3rd from the left. Can't wait to see more.

faust said:
WHAT?! Girl, I better take a picture for you :lol: .

I'd love to see some more pics of it done well. :wink: I did say most. Most look campy. But as far as I can see, these are not exceptions. The chunky-knit on a guy makes me think of something his blind grandmother made for him and he has to wear it to dinner at her house.
attachment.php

On xxx-slim guys with no shoulders/chest, it can look good. But the majority of men are not built like this. My boyfriend was just gifted a sweater almost identical to this blue one. Was not Cloak, but I can't remember the name right now- it was a Japanese label that I am not familar with. The BF is a tall and very angular. It does not work on him and looks bad. Silly even. I do work in women's knitwear, and having done a fair amount of experimenting with menswear - IMHO, the chunky knit is a tough sell.

I do like the buttons:flower:

paprika_hiccup said:
On xxx-slim guys with no shoulders/chest, it can look good. But the majority of men are not built like this. My boyfriend was just gifted a sweater almost identical to this blue one. Was not Cloak, but I can't remember the name right now- it was a Japanese label that I am not familar with. The BF is a tall and very angular. It does not work on him and looks bad. Silly even. I do work in women's knitwear, and having done a fair amount of experimenting with menswear - IMHO, the chunky knit is a tough sell.

If you're talking a wide audience, sure, but not the Cloak customer. Maybe it's just your boyfriend not being the type that would wear this, but then again, the Cloak customer isn't everyman, just like Dior is made with a particular body type in mind (though that may be changing). Cloak's knits are among their best sellers, with two to three new versions of the chunky knit every year for the past 4 years (I just spoke with Opening Ceremony here in NYC, and they said they've had to reorder the chunky knits each season because they sell out), so I assume they won't consistently remake them if they don't sell. Their customer base is definitely on the slimmer side, seeing as they have more stores that sell them in Japan. They don't have to design to sell to everyman, just for their customer.:flower:

baklanyc said:
If you're talking a wide audience, sure, but not the Cloak customer. Maybe it's just your boyfriend not being the type that would wear this, but then again, the Cloak customer isn't everyman, just like Dior is made with a particular body type in mind (though that may be changing). Cloak's knits are among their best sellers, with two to three new versions of the chunky knit every year for the past 4 years (I just spoke with Opening Ceremony here in NYC, and they said they've had to reorder the chunky knits each season because they sell out), so I assume they won't consistently remake them if they don't sell. Their customer base is definitely on the slimmer side, seeing as they have more stores that sell them in Japan. They don't have to design to sell to everyman, just for their customer.:flower:

Last season they had to reorder them 3 times :shock: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->