Colleen Atwood - Costume Designer

luxmode said:
Neither did I! I'd like to see more photos of the costumes, but I can't seem to find any good ones. I'm not sure whether to rent this film or not...it might ruin the book for me.
this is a dilemma i am facing so often...on the one hand you think they will ruin it on the other hand you are curious..

you´re welcome christannchanel:heart:

no problem...

omg!!!...i just saw that she did costumes for married to the mob...that film was genius...do you remember those costumes?!?!...that red and white polka dot dress michele pfeifer wore was hot!!!

and the rest were hilarious...!!
i think we need to find those and also gattaca...that was great too...

the polkadot dress
3.jpg

oh ...!!...thank you..!!....i have always LOVED that dress...it's so great!!!

ok...completely random and freaky...married to the mob is on tv right now...
what are the odds... :shock: :lol:

Oh verry nice everything! I have seen some of the movies from the list and the all had verry nice clothing :P

I had no idea this thread existed! colleen atwood is one of my very favourite designers...she really inspires me to think seriously about costume designing as a career actually. I think she has a brilliant talent for being able to capture the period, place, mood, and colour of a film.

little women, of course though, is my very favourite of hers because of the intense detail and attention to historical accuracy. there is actually a documentary on the dvd about her design process which I highly recommend.

OMG...she did "Sleepy Hollow" and "Edward Scissorhands" :shock:

I can't tell you how much these two films have made an impact...not only me but also what my tastes have become today. Really amazing! Funny,I bypassed this thread....I wish I hadn't now....what an inspiring designer.

glad everyone likes the thread...:heart:

feel free to add some images from other films...

:flower:

I thought the costumes for Alice in Wonderland were the saving grace for that movie. They were so fantastical and I pretty much wanted every outfit Alice sported in the movie. Especially that blue one in the picture above and the blue one she wears when she first arrives in Wonderland. Awhile ago I was looking at the Oscar award nominees and winners for costume designer over the last few years and Colleen always seems to be in the category. She's such a talented costume designer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her work for Tim Burton. I just saw Dark Shadows and fell in love with Bella Heathcote´s character´s dresses :smile:

aag2oHq0.jpg

aanjUZvR.jpg

ew.com
thevampireclub.wordpress

Here's a iPhone shot of her Edward Scissorhands outfit, taken at last years LACMA exhibit on Tim Burton, against the security teams wishes. Made of leather, rubber, PVC and something else I've never heard of. To see it upclose is something quite remarkable: all these small, minor details that you really don't even see on film. The boots looked like they were built into the pants, which were built onto the top, to resemble 1 single outfit. I can't even begin to describe how they made the hand w/ the attached blades. I remember looking at it for a good 10 or 15 minutes, and still not being able to figure out how exactly they got Johnny Depp dressed in it. I didn't notice any secret zippers (if there were, they were incredibly well-hidden), so I imagine they had to disassemble, then reassemble, the pieces onto Johnny directly. (I can be totally wrong, though) It's definitely one of those pieces that make you stop and think, "How the hell did they make that?" :magic:

(source: my pic, listal.com)

Her costumes for Charlize Theron in SWATH are amazing, I fell in love.

Charlize-Theron-costume-from-Snow-White-movie-designed-by-Colleen-Atwood.jpg

Snow+White+Colleen+Atwood3.jpg

Colleen-Atwood-Does-Again.jpg

stylefrizz/msfabulous/latimes/fairytalesite

^those look like something Viktor & Rolf or A. McQueen would create :smile:

I didn't know she did the costumes for that movie. Funny, because I thought McQueen would be a perfect fit for that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->