Color Contact Lenses

I use Acuvue 2 disposable soft contacts and they are really comfortable [if you put them in your eye right]. My natural eye color is also brown and I transition between the clear and the hazel.

Colored Contacts, question!

I'm Indian just like this girl, Bipasha Basu, so I have the same skin...and I LOVE her eye color. What contacts brand has the same color as this: (and what color IS this?!)

thanks soo much!

thumb.aspx

It's not close enough, so its hard to tell what colour it is, but I'm assuming it's either gray or violet.

Accuvue makes those contracts, but get an opaque one and not the translucent one, because the translucent are used to enchane already light colored eyes, while the opaque are for any color .

Freshlooks are great! I have them in Turquoise. Im far-sighted and I have to wear contacts so I occasionally wear these blue-colored ones. I like them because they are not this obvious blue and even some guys thought they were real!

My natural eye color
ojosmarrones7my.jpg

Freshlook colorblends in turquoise
ojosazules018mm.jpg

I think I have the same color contacts as you morena ^:wink:

I wear freshlooks as well.
I think any color can look good on anyone..but you MUST try it on to see if it looks good on you. Being Asian myself, many people think that Asians look good only in grey or more subtle colors...but for me..I looked horrible in grey but looked rather good in purple and blue.I wanted green..but looked bad in them..so TRY them on because the colors you want may not look good on you.

Do you need to see an optometrist and get a prescription for color contacts??

public service announcement: please do NOT sleep with your contacts in (after a drunk night of partying) or wear ill-fitting contacts - you may end up with a WHOPPING corneal infection and possibly go blind. i see that ALOT in my clinic and on-call.

yes, you can go to an ophthalmologist or optometrist for contacts (in general).

I seem to have the opposite problem. I have pale blue eyes and would actually like to try out (just for fun) a very very dark brown color (a la Audrey Tatou). Unfortunately, I haven't found any browns dark enough on the links given in this thread. Any recommendations?

eunhe said:
public service announcement: please do NOT sleep with your contacts in (after a drunk night of partying) or wear ill-fitting contacts - you may end up with a WHOPPING corneal infection and possibly go blind. i see that ALOT in my clinic and on-call.

yes, you can go to an ophthalmologist or optometrist for contacts (in general).

I almost went blind from wearing my contacts too much too. Scared me so much because I have a lot of scarring in both of my eyes now.

I had a friend whose cousin had the most amazing green-blue eyes I didn't find out till later that she wore colored contacts but hers looked naturual and made her look exotic she had dark brown almost black hair naturally tanned skin and the fullest red lips imaginable and her eyes just enhanced her feautures even more in my opinion.

Im an asian I use freshlook in pure hazel and sometimes brown wanna try other color but Blue is not a good idea i guess, but it looks good on zhang ziyi in memoirs of geisha..:huh: hmm..

changing your eyecolor is like putting make up for me hahah!

I just recently went blonde and thought it would be fun to try green eyes. I only found one brand that carried colored contacts in my size, when they came they were two different shades of green so I couldnt tell if they actually looked good on me or not. They were so uncomfertable, I could feel them on my eyes unlike my regular contacts. It also bothered me how you cant sleep in them. I'll stick to my dark brown eyes :P

Do color contact lenses have to be prescription or can you just walk over to a drug store and pick up a color you like? I don't have glasses or an eyeglass perscription but I'd like to try them. I have pretty big open eyes and so the change would be obvious.

bump

Can anyone give the price range for the Freshlook Color Contacts?
I just got my free trial form, but there is no point if it's too expensive...

Thank you Vanilla...
I guess that could be around fifty dollars here :neutral:

I love coloured contacts, as long as they're not up in your face fake looking. For years I'd wanted to get some for myself, and I finally did a few months ago.

I have very dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and olive skin.. I wanted to try blue eyes, so I did. They looked horrible and so obviously fake, so I went with my second choice, which was grey. I purchased them right away, they look natural (well, as natural as grey eyes can look, I suppose :P) and you can still see the dark outline of my brown eyes and again near the pupil, so it's like just a bit of grey. Even though the change is dramatic, a lot of my friends didn't notice right away.

I get a lot of compliments from people I haven't met who are assuming that the grey is my natural eye colour! Hahaha I'm just happy they don't look too abnormal, I love them.

I got opaque gray Acuvue contacts online a long time ago for $10 each. They didn't really fit me though. :lol: They used to slide around and partially block my pupils. So I think it is wise to see a professional.

I have fair skin, dark eyes and brown-black hair. (Like Snow White.) The gray did make me look creepy. But I really didn't mind. :P I'm pretty sure that any other colors would have seemed natural on me. If you don't stereotype races so much, mixing colors shouldn't be a problem.

And like starfish said, it's like putting on make-up. It doesn't have to be a permanent change, so feel free to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->