Comme Des Garçons S/S 2004 - Paris

Originally posted by tealady@Oct 10th, 2003 - 8:19 pm
I'm not into the topless tops. :rolleyes:

To each her own. :flower:
but :glare: those tops were just for presentation, lets say, a moving art instalation, it is not a cdg statement as 'show your boobs' tealady :smile:

i also agree completely with scott's post here

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 10th, 2003 - 2:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 2:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tealady@Oct 10th, 2003 - 8:19 pm
I'm not into the topless tops. :rolleyes:

To each her own. :flower:
but :glare: those tops were just for presentation, lets say, a moving art instalation, it is not a cdg statement as 'show your boobs' tealady :smile:

i also agree completely with scott's post here[/b][/quote]
Yes, I appreciate that. :wink: And in that case, it would have been more bettter that they simply be topless. :shock: :innocent: :lol:

You're all going to have to excuse me if I'm not very articulate at the moment, I'm all doped up on painkillers from my oral surgery.

I think the skirts are beautiful, lyrical and extremely poetic. Many people criticize such clothing as unwearable, messy, and unflattering to the human form, however, in my experience, CdG clothing, when put on, are so devised that they are extremely flattering. I respect Kawakubo and her teams' vision and approach in their respect for form. I found this moving and beautiful.

I love Scott's post. I think it was very well said.
Really,I don't see how anyone can make that assumption that Rei is only fashion and no style. Have you actually seen her stuff in shop? Her pieces are beautifully crafted,extremely organic in fabrication and form and they sculpt women's physiques rather nicely as well.

And, personally agree with what Lena said.
i appreciate both valentino and cdg, could wear them both -even mixing them together . its two different worlds, both done in a great way, by talented and imaginative people.

Originally posted by Angelica@Oct 10th, 2003 - 3:06 pm
You're all going to have to excuse me if I'm not very articulate at the moment, I'm all doped up on painkillers from my oral surgery.
Ouch, poor you! I hope you feel better very soon. :flower:

I'm no fashion expert, but personally I think that the skirts are quite beautiful (and wearable), and cleverly presented. I've always loved an amazing and cleverly cut skirt paired with a simple top.

Where I live, very few OS designer clothes are available, but I will definitely be seeking out CDG even if just for a closer look.

Originally posted by tealady+Oct 10th, 2003 - 12:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 12:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 10:08 pm
I don't understand what is so horrific about skirts. :ninja: I guess people wish to see fashion go in a more commercial direction, but I appreciate Rei's vision.
I can appreciate the vision and acclaim the avant garde without liking this show. I don't think the skirts are "horrific." They just are boring to me and I'm not into the topless tops. :rolleyes:

To each her own. :flower:[/b][/quote]
No need for the eyeroll. :blink: I never said you didn't appreciate it. CDG just requires a certain taste that not everybody gets. They may be just skirts to you, but to me, they are little works of art. Like everyone else already stated, you just have to see and feel it in person to fully understand it.

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 10th, 2003 - 9:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 9:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serena@Oct 10th, 2003 - 7:09 pm
And Chanel was considered revolutionary at her time, so she was kind of avantgarde in her way, no? :smile: may be fifty years from now CDG will be "commercial", because everyine is gonna dress like that :lol:
:lol: imagine everyone wearing copies of those skirts in 50-60 years :heart: [/b][/quote]
rei is the coco of modern times, i belive this very much:heart:

I find the idea, the presentation and skirts wonderful.. very creative and inventive. :woot: :heart:

What do people think of the CDG skirts collection (Spring/Summer 04)? I think they are really beautiful... i'd love one. I particularly love the navy ones. I think navy is so under-rated a colour & looks so great when used by an intelligent designer like Rei K. Anyone agree/disagree?

Helena - can you post some pictures of the said collection please :flower:

i was relieved and surprised to find and entire collection in the store for spring...not just skirts...

the skirt study on the runway was beautiful though...i love sculptural skirts like that...i feel like a princess when i wear anything like that... :flower:

Sorry for posting messages already covered - I don't seem to have got the hang of the Search facility.

Softgrey - the sculptural skirts are so nice. Quite wearable I think.

CDg s/s 2004

here is the link to the original post

I haven't seen many fo the tops, but the ones i ahve seen are amazing :heart: , i'm dieing to see some more

space you are an angel :heart:
thanks for locating the original topic :flower:

merging :ninja:

i'm assuming lena will come along and link the topics soon enough... :flower: ...don't worry helena...i still have trouble with the search function.... :innocent:

oops...there you go...thx lena :flower:

I am completely confused by whatever happened there! Sorry for messing things up!!

I like it. It's creative and innovative...

But what are the models wearing on top? Plastic Wrap? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->