Comme Des Garcons - Guerrilla Stores

some more photos from warsaw guerilla.
something went wrong when i tried to link photos in higher resolution. (check here for higher res.)

20080215%28009%29.jpg
20080215%28009%29.jpg

20080215%28008%29.jpg
20080215%28008%29.jpg

20080215%28007%29.jpg

20080215%28006%29.jpg

20080215%28005%29.jpg

20080215%28002%29.jpg

20080215%28003%29.jpg

[my photos]

taken about a month ago.
enjoy.
20080215%28009%29.jpg

hey melt, good to see you are still around :kiss:

the 00301 store is well hidden in a basement few meters from 'chic' Kolonaki Square
do you need the address doll?

Yes please! I'd appreciate it!
:flower:

a few photos from WOODWOOD x Guerrilla Store +4822 collaboration:

woodwood-temp-space-cdg-1.jpg

07.jpg

woodwood-temp-space-cdg-3.jpg

there's also a special tee WW x GS +4822 available only there:
09.jpg

06.jpg

credits: intelligence.arkitip.com, hypebeast.com

Not sure if posted yet, but Dover Street Market are setting up a Market selling items from past comme collections and other designers all at discount prices. This will be for only 2 days 25 and 26 May in London. Full details are on www.doverstreetmarket.com
Worth Checking out if you are in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
gosh thats alot of perriers

regardless i luv those wires sticking out with those falling lights.

I hope one day they will come to canada...
but i know that day will never come -_-;

^ seems like no one wants to come to Canada :ninja:

My utmost respects to all of Comme Des Garcon's Guerilla Store all over the world. It really inspires me alot.:D

same!
who designs the interiors for them?
or is it someone different each time?

the stores are designed by their owners in collaboration with christian weinecke a young architect from berlin who is now working at cdg.

^ you're righr, of course. the guerrilla store in the hague, for example which i rate among the most beautiful in visual terms, was designed by a whole group of architects who also run the store... on cdg's side christian weinecke is not the only one, but the main person, a subsequent store-owner has to address to...
a quite different approach comparing it to the position of a franchise-owner of cdg, who had not much to contribute to the final shop-design. there, in most cases takao kawasaki with his co-worker toshiaki oshiba together with kawakubo made the decisions. exclusively first, but later more and more in collaboration with another architect/architect's office...

^ of course, we are not talking about franchise stores like the White Box in Hong Kong or the new one in Beijing...this is another story who is making these stores. A franchise store will cost LOTS of thousands of euros (that means is not possible to make a franchise store unless you own I.T Group), a GS will cost only a few (and it is possible).....

the stores are designed by their owners in collaboration with christian weinecke a young architect from berlin who is now working at cdg.

I"M LEARNING TO BE AN ARCHITECT!
what a dream job!
(i can dream....:innocent:)
thanks.
i'm going to find o more about him now!
:smile:

^ oh, i understand you so well:rolleyes:... in 1985, one morning at cdg, then on rue etienne-marcel i met mme deschamps, who was the president of cdg france then, she asked me if i could imagine working at the shop:buzz:... oh, i could, of course, but still at grammar school in germany, i had to refuse:cry:... but after that happened, not only the shop, but also 16, place vendome stood open for me:P... i went there regularly for having a look at new collections, just after a show, watching vids, i hadn't seen already, asking questions about everything comme-related, etc. ... now it would be impossible to just walk in only because you're just a big comme-devotee, but then there was no comme-craze, as there is now. ... those where the days:rolleyes:...

^ oh, i understand you so well:rolleyes:... in 1985, one morning at cdg, then on rue etienne-marcel i met mme deschamps, who was the president of cdg france then, she asked me if i could imagine working at the shop:buzz:... oh, i could, of course, but still at grammar school in germany, i had to refuse:cry:... but after that happened, not only the shop, but also 16, place vendome stood open for me:P... i went there regularly for having a look at new collections, just after a show, watching vids, i hadn't seen already, asking questions about everything comme-related, etc. ... now it would be impossible to just walk in only because you're just a big comme-devotee, but then there was no comme-craze, as there is now. ... those where the days:rolleyes:...

aw what a shame!
great story though!
definitely one to tell the grandkids!
^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"