Condé Nast Restructures European Magazines & Multiple Editors Set to be Axed

Well except that it has… so here comes the controversial point I suppose.
Hmm I personally think catering to PC culture is just one small part of the death of escapism, along many other factors such as the switch from models to influencers/celebrities and concern about the environment. I believe a far more relevant factor than diversity was the GFC and general rising anger over wealth inequality as a result - this has seriously weakened the Western world's appetite for luxury. The fashion world used to seem glamorous and aspirational to the average person but it can just seem out of touch and almost grotesque.

It’s sad news but also business as usual. As sales and budgets shrink, we’ve been seeing this consolidation in print for the past 5 years so this move only makes sense. But yeah it just sucks since VP was still pumping out full on glam and top covers but onward we go.

It’s sad news but also business as usual. As sales and budgets shrink, we’ve been seeing this consolidation in print for the past 5 years so this move only makes sense. But yeah it just sucks since VP was still pumping out full on glam and top covers but onward we go.
But Alt leaving does not mean the aesthetic attached to VP will disappear.
I think we just saw the limits of having a « one fits all » stylist.
Farneti and Enninful have been there for like 3/4 years...Emmanuelle has been at Vogue for 20 years. I think at this point there’s some sort of full circle in her vision.

I wonder what the future of Conde Nast looks like...
I especially wonder what the successors of the Vogue editors will be like, God sent, I hope

Farneti and Enninful have been there for like 3/4 years...Emmanuelle has been at Vogue for 20 years. I think at this point there’s some sort of full circle in her vision.

I think that's exactly gonna happened... i don't think CN/AW/EE are particularly happy with the niche Vogue Paris become....so of course they gonna try to neutralize that and make it more like British Vogue in french...so expect more celebrities,etc....because they don't care right now on specific markets but to unify the contents.

It is idiotic and it could work in 2010 as a measure to prevent the digital power...

Guys, keep your issues, complete your VP collection because VP is gonna be something else...an hybrid like Vogue Italia or worst...CN prove they cannot manage change good.

I haven't looked at VP for years now, it just became so one note and un-interesting, the same old images and ideas rehashed over and over, an old idea of what glamour and fashion is supposed to look like, but completely and utterly out of touch with the real world. Vogue used to push the envelope, boundaries or at least be visually interesting, aspirational without being cynical, and it still can be if you're not stuck in your ways and oh-so glamorous lifestyle. Look at Vogue Portugal for example, every issue has incredible covers, an interesting point of view, great photography, and it doesn't feel especially pc or unglamorous . It just seems to make an effort to actually communicate with readers beyond just hawking product. Also seeing Edward's Malala Cover next to Emmanuelle's photo the sideview of a female breast.. honestly, for me one is looking forward and one is tone-deaf.

I haven't looked at VP for years now, it just became so one note and un-interesting, the same old images and ideas rehashed over and over, an old idea of what glamour and fashion is supposed to look like, but completely and utterly out of touch with the real world. Vogue used to push the envelope, boundaries or at least be visually interesting, aspirational without being cynical, and it still can be if you're not stuck in your ways and oh-so glamorous lifestyle. Look at Vogue Portugal for example, every issue has incredible covers, an interesting point of view, great photography, and it doesn't feel especially pc or unglamorous . It just seems to make an effort to actually communicate with readers beyond just hawking product. Also seeing Edward's Malala Cover next to Emmanuelle's photo the sideview of a female breast.. honestly, for me one is looking forward and one is tone-deaf.

I’m sorry, but no. While Emmanuel’s Vogue Paris was indeed repetitive, it was still fashun, at the very least. The point of a fashion magazine is to be out of touch with the real world. I’m not picking up a fashion magazine for pedestrian representation, I want unabashed luxury and excess that is completely out of touch with reality. So, while Malala accolades are tremendous, if covers like hers represent the future, I don’t want it. I’ll stick to tone def and out of touch thanks.

Enninful has worked at Vogue much longer than 3/4 years. He started at Vogue USA. He was even in The Devil Wears Prada.

Enninful has worked at Vogue much longer than 3/4 years. He started at Vogue USA. He was even in The Devil Wears Prada.
I know but Vogue US is not Vogue UK. The company is still different from an entity.
Carine started working for VP in the early 90’s. So in terms of vision time count.

I don’t think Edward would have a problem running Vogue Italia or Vogue US, because those are markets that he understand.

He may have started his career at ID, his identity is definitely more US-centric.

Schulman’s Vogue was British. Enninful’s Vogue in it desire to appeal more international is just an extension of what he did at W and Vogue US, without the panache.

Minor correction: Edward was in "The September Issue," not "The Devil Wears Prada."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->