Cool Clothes For College Kids

Reaction score
Im currently going to college and i dont alot of money to drop on clothes but i love to shop and wont buy anything unless its designer. If anyone knows of good websites or stores that are cheap and have cute, preppy, chic clothes let me know. im trying to get away from wearing strickly designer and blowing $1000 when i go shopping its just not practicle now that im in college and not working.

What sort of price range are you looking at? If you're looking at medium-end clothing, try www.shopbop.com, www.adasa.com, www.daszign.com, www.goclothing.com, www.jcrew.com, www.activeendeavors.com, etc. for brands like C+C, Seven, COH, James Perse, BCBG, Lacoste, etc.

If you're looking for low-end ones, try www.gap.com, www.oldnavy.com, www.abercrombie.com, www.hollister.com, etc. Especially with AF and Hollister, a lot of their stuff is plastered with logos, but there's plenty that isn't. With these, you have to pick and choose. They do have some decent upscale-like clothes...you just have to have an eye for it. :wink:

Two words: URBAN OUTFITTERS!!!!! go to Urban's website They have Lacoste and other designers, although not all of it is designer a lot of it is nice stuff, and tres chic, awesome prices as well, and cool stuff for apartments/dorm rooms, my cuz in college couldn't survive without it, and I'll probably get stuff from there when I'm college-age! Good Luck! :flower:

i would say thrift/vintage shops... you may even find the designer labels you crave !

Go vintage!

And for the sweet love of God ... stay away from A+F and sandals+socks! :heart:

Originally posted by pointup@Apr 25th, 2004 - 8:24 pm
i would say thrift/vintage shops... you may even find the designer labels you crave !
Excellent idea!

Also, I know you said you prefer designer...how about items that are classy, yet could easily pass as designer? I would give H&M a shot, or Rampage.

Also, Filene's Basement and Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, places like that, have redlined designer items if you dig. Good luck!

Anthropologie..theres one in NY..im not sure where else. Its under the same company as Urban outfitters which also carries funky clothes. i heart that store as well! All great prices
www.anthropologie.com

French connection, Scoop, intermix

You could always try bluefly.com for less expensive designer items.

Old navy, Forever 21, Bang Bang, rampage, wetseal, American eagle

Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Apr 25th, 2004 - 11:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elle Glamour @ Apr 25th, 2004 - 11:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-pointup@Apr 25th, 2004 - 8:24 pm
Excellent idea!

Also, I know you said you prefer designer...how about items that are classy, yet could easily pass as designer? I would give H&M a shot, or Rampage.

Also, Filene's Basement and Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, places like that, have redlined designer items if you dig. Good luck! [/b][/quote]
I completely agree! upscale resale is great too! :smile:

Ross, which is like Marshalls and T.J. Max, is good sometimes too.

I also agree with the vintage/thrift store route.

Originally posted by BagGal@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:36 pm

Ross? No offense but eww. That place has the worst sh*t that all major stores (like TJ Max and Marshalls send to them because it did not sell).

Do try Nordsrom Rack though, you can sometimes find very nice things. The one near South Coast in OC had lots of Dolce, Alexander McQueen and other such items at very steeply discounted prices (but a $5,000 jacket cut to $1500 may still be too much for you of course.) Too bad the Rack never has any decent guy's stuff except shoes.

Vintage is always a great idea, especially now when so much designer stuff IS vintage-themed. You can literally look like $2000 for $50.

Originally posted by b1ahness@Apr 26th, 2004 - 5:57 pm
Anthropologie..theres one in NY..im not sure where else. Its under the same company as Urban outfitters which also carries funky clothes. i heart that store as well! All great prices
www.anthropologie.com

French connection, Scoop, intermix

You could always try bluefly.com for less expensive designer items.

Old navy, Forever 21, Bang Bang, rampage, wetseal, American eagle

anthropologie seems kind of 'old' for college students if thid girl is used to wearing designer trendy stuff. i mean its fantastic for dressing up conservatively but alot of their stuff reminds me of stuff my 30 year old prof wears.

get out of the "won't buy anything unless it's designer" mode, then you'll be able to find many pieces that will fit into your budget. Cool clothes doesn't mean it has to be designer!

If you do still prefer designer, though, be careful about wearing it to class. Sometimes it's simply not necessary (though it does depend on your look); I find myself rolling my eyes at the girls who get dolled up for lecture. Sure, caring about one's appearance is good, but sometimes it's simply ridiculous.

I agree there is simply no need to go

to colege wearing designer clothes

if you are going to spend alot of money on your clothes

then i think that you should wear them in the right places, although giving a good

appearance to people i think is sometimes

really important to girls.

someone once told me that standing straight and having good posture always makes clothes look 10 times more expensive -- i believe it.

Not going to change the fact that I'm wearing a Jaeger suit and everyone else down the street 'aint...

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Apr 30th, 2004 - 6:09 pm
someone once told me that standing straight and having good posture always makes clothes look 10 times more expensive -- i believe it.
I completely agree. :flower:

Originally posted by Max+Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-BagGal@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:36 pm

Ross? No offense but eww. That place has the worst sh*t that all major stores (like TJ Max and Marshalls send to them because it did not sell). [/b][/quote]
:innocent: Eh. Whatever floats your boat. I'm not a huge fan of Ross either, but I did find a lovely Neiman Marcus shirt there for $20 once. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->