stuck in college

pimpishboo

Reaction score
hi, i'm currently a student (freshman) at a liberal arts college, but where i really want to be is a fashion design school. unfortunately, my mom wouldn't allow to apply to any and even if i got in, she wouldn't have paid (plus, im too young to file as an independent so...) i'm stuck at a liberal arts college with a horrible visual arts dept for the next 3 years. i'm hoping to go straight to a fashion school after graduation, preferably antwerp, but i'm also looking at parsons in paris and csm.

i'm not too sure what i'm supposed to do here in college. none of the majors really appeal to me and the visual arts department barely has any studio courses (its more philosophical, i guess). i don't want to waste 4 years of my life, but it looks like that is what's going to happen.

with the schools that i'm thinking about, such as antwerp, does anyone know what they would be looking for in an applicant like myself? someone who's been designing for as long as she can remember but who's never had the opportunity to learn how to sew, etc (my mom made sure of that one)? should i just major in visual arts to show them that i do love art, although there's no way of specializing in drawing or anything like that at my school...

i've tried talking to the career counselors, but they've never had a student like me, one who really knows what she wants to do who also cannot find it at their school...so yeah, no one really knows what to do with me.

any ideas?

i plan on taking a sewing course next year and a fashion illustration course...if i can get the money to pay for it somehow...

I think you should use the time you have to prepare for fashion school. Look at the websites of the schools you want to go to and see what they are looking for, you could even try to talk to admissions people there and see what they reccomend. Try to remain optimistic and get whatever diploma you can now and be greatful that you can go to any school even if its not necessarly the one you wanted, I know so many of my friends can't afford any school after high school at all so cheer up! Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->