ajw6Ufqo_o.jpg

JYhXSwsr_o.jpg
WBOnFarA_o.jpg
BtlBGzOY_o.jpg
JuRLocOS_o.jpg

JGynSOTe_o.jpg

theimpression

Wow, she is so beautiful
She really is. I hate sounding like a stan but the way she photographs, the serenity in her expressions and how she’s able to translate it into her work just makes you want to look at she does for hours, and immediately warm up to whatever she’s selling. Can’t think of any model right now with a similar effect.

Gosh she's beautiful here. A calm siren. Shame the clothes themselves are such a non event, I completely forgot what the collection actually looked like and had to go back and find it.

Beautiful campaign. Pity that the brand is an irrelevant bore that nobody cares about. The imagery is great.

She really is. I hate sounding like a stan but the way she photographs, the serenity in her expressions and how she’s able to translate it into her work just makes you want to look at she does for hours, and immediately warm up to whatever she’s selling. Can’t think of any model right now with a similar effect.
She really has IT. Completely agree. She has something that almost no other current working girl has - and that’s allure.

Whoa. Sounds like you took all my words off my very mouth. Couldn't have said it better. From her first steps, while I still had doubts about her work, to now, when I can swallow every inch of a magazine she's in (or they can shove her pics down my throat without a single second of hesitation). Thought she was another baby-faced dahling coming and going. Was wrong. And I don't love anything better than being proved wrong. Those are morning delights, wish it were still last night!

Spectactular model, spectacular photographer (I have a soft spot for Karim). Unfortunately, the campaign looks too plastic-y, it's giving A.I.

That girl is special! Fabulous set of images! Fantastic campaign.

Thought she was another baby-faced dahling coming and going. Was wrong.
You weren't wrong! she was another baby-faced model that was way too young to be modeling, you see that all over her work for Calvin Klein, she's just standing there, taking directions and genetics alone are carrying her (which is not enough in the long run). After Raf's departure, there isn't much direction in her career for quite some time (2018-2022), there's even an odd period where she does a pretty bad pout on the runway. Some time in the summer of 2022, when she returns for the HC shows, you can see there's been a major transformation, either management or just reaching adulthood.. she grew into her looks, radiates more confidence, and I think that having experienced uncertainty in modeling (as opposed to nonstop success) helped her gain a deeper appreciation, which you can see in the way she models.. she's versatile, expressive and elegant, entire body is engaged.

I find careers like hers, or like Lara Stone's (modeling for a looooong time without any attention and suddenly skyrocketing) or even Irina's (the trashiest start to the point you believe she'll never stand a chance in fashion) far more exciting.. you can sense the passion of someone who clearly wants something bad and values the opportunities, but also that sense of calmness that comes from experiencing first-hand the fickleness of the industry.

You weren't wrong! she was another baby-faced model that was way too young to be modeling, you see that all over her work for Calvin Klein, she's just standing there, taking directions and genetics alone are carrying her (which is not enough in the long run). After Raf's departure, there isn't much direction in her career for quite some time (2018-2022), there's even an odd period where she does a pretty bad pout on the runway. Some time in the summer of 2022, when she returns for the HC shows, you can see there's been a major transformation, either management or just reaching adulthood.. she grew into her looks, radiates more confidence, and I think that having experienced uncertainty in modeling (as opposed to nonstop success) helped her gain a deeper appreciation, which you can see in the way she models.. she's versatile, expressive and elegant, entire body is engaged.

I find careers like hers, or like Lara Stone's (modeling for a looooong time without any attention and suddenly skyrocketing) or even Irina's (the trashiest start to the point you believe she'll never stand a chance in fashion) far more exciting.. you can sense the passion of someone who clearly wants something bad and values the opportunities, but also that sense of calmness that comes from experiencing first-hand the fickleness of the industry.
So spot on. I've never been fond of models who starts their careers too early in their (own) life. But can learn to love them once they start blossoming, being themselves (like knowing little-by-little-step-by-step to learn who they actually are or can be). She embodies that. And as I do love zigzags way more than straight lines, she's just earnt that top spot on my personal list of all-time favorites.

As for Lara Stone, also spot on. She'll always strike me as another favorite of mine. For the oddest reason, maybe. I used to think I'm the tiny feet-ed 5'10 person on Earth until I learnt about her shoe size. Got some tiny 41 while she's a rough 38. Hence her quirky walk on the runway, 'cause those shoes weren't meant for her.

Well said. But it’s also crazy when you think how models like Lara who started modelling aged 13 and like you said only skyrocketed years later (I believe 10 years or so). Yes, 10 years is a long time to be modelling under the radar but she was merely 23 when she became a regular high fashion face. Which in today’s standards is still pretty young and a common age to start appearing on runways, magazines etc. I guess it’s to do with the industry growing conscience on the exploit of underage girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->