100117055.jpg

get ready for a flow of new labels from Costume National,
including their new 'younger=cheaper' line CNC
which should debut in time for February's Milano Fashion Week,
plus a brand new range of C.N. ties and accessories
designed by Ennio Capasa and produced under
licence by the much famous Italian manufacturer IT Holding SpA :flower:

here a trench look from their ss04 collection

it doesn't work for every brand though....i can't imagine a gucci bridge line for example...

but i usually like both miu miu and emporio armani much more than their sister collections....ditto versus

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 4th, 2003 - 10:41 am
but i usually like both miu miu and emporio armani much more than their sister collections....ditto versus

i agree. i like mui mui much more than prada. :flower:

me too guys 'miu miu is better than prada'

to get back on topic, what do you think regarding Costume National
developing a range of new lines?

I'm G.A. all the way...

Miu Miu is much nicer than Prada though and you never have to worry about the label being too 'bling'-ish.

Not sure about Costume National's new line...I'd like it to be cheaper but I'd like the quality and age of the designs to stay just like it is!

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 4th, 2003 - 2:16 pm
me too guys 'miu miu is better than prada'

to get back on topic, what do you think regarding Costume National
developing a range of new lines?
i am not sure what business strategy the managers are working off of, but personally, i have never really thought that people didn't buy costume national because of price point and/or inaccessibility...costume national is an insider brand of sorts and the few pieces i own (a couple of tees, thong sandals, and boots) were all bought bc i liked the piece despite the price...i don't think i would flock to a cheaper costume national...

if that made any sense: it's like gucci, ysl, chanel, you want the price point to stay high so it remains a little more exclusive than say banana republic, but costume national doesn't have that same cachet. (sorry for rambling)

i love that trench!

i always look forward these second lines....

at first i thought that cn doing a young line was bad, btu when iw as reminded of how miu miu i change dmy mind, i actually think its a good move.

I love Prada so much more than Miu Miu! How can you say that Miu Miu is better? :o
Anyway I think it will be interesting to see what CNC produces. Hopefully twill be a good diffusion line.

it's always interesting to look at second lines....and to compare.....

Originally posted by mehg@Dec 4th, 2003 - 8:38 pm
I love Prada so much more than Miu Miu! How can you say that Miu Miu is better? :o
well i dount whont to egt to of subject, btu personaly i find Miu Miu more young, fresh and original, Prada is gorgeous but i fidn miu miu mroe intresting.

Well the company seems to be in need of more money.. that's the usual reason why a brand makes younger, cheaper lines. Or they would like to cater to a younger set before they can buy the main line when they're all grown up.

If they can make the youinger line more street-wise, while not losing touch of it's main line and can produce cool pieces it can work.

Thanks for this info, Lena! :flower:

Personally its not really my style but commercially Miu Miu,is much more fresh and playful than Prada is. Its not quite as stagnant or pretentious with the celebs so you never feel like you're wearing something because some so-called hip screengoddes or god is wearing it. Plus,its alot more experimental and free-thinking than Prada.

well, here comes the slightly boring 'second line' by costume national,
fresh out of their Milano showroom

A Young Idea
C’N’C: No, it’s not a new music channel. It’s Ennio Capasa’s young line that’s priced 20 to 30 percent below his Costume National collection. C’N’C debuted this week without any fanfare, but the whopping 800-piece line will offer retailers plenty of options.

Generation X was the starting point for Capasa, who took to the streets, worked the nightclubs and zapped through all the music channels. His wanderings led to a sassy hodgepodge of “Pulp Fiction,” Missy Elliott, Blondie, disco flash and snowboard dudes — not for the faint of heart.

That translates into distressed gray denim blazers over T-shirts with metallic embroidered butterflies and white jeans; fitted nylon ski jackets over zippy miniskirts; cyclamen pink tracksuits and fleece tops with pleated silk georgette front panels.

C’N’C is being produced by Ittierre, which also manufactures such secondary lines as D&G, Versus and Just Cavalli, and the company is projecting sales will hit $140 million in five years

photo and article from wwd :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 7:11 am
well, here comes the slightly boring 'second line' by costume national,
fresh out of their Milano showroom

A Young Idea
C’N’C: No, it’s not a new music channel. It’s Ennio Capasa’s young line that’s priced 20 to 30 percent below his Costume National collection. C’N’C debuted this week without any fanfare, but the whopping 800-piece line will offer retailers plenty of options.

Generation X was the starting point for Capasa, who took to the streets, worked the nightclubs and zapped through all the music channels. His wanderings led to a sassy hodgepodge of “Pulp Fiction,” Missy Elliott, Blondie, disco flash and snowboard dudes — not for the faint of heart.

That translates into distressed gray denim blazers over T-shirts with metallic embroidered butterflies and white jeans; fitted nylon ski jackets over zippy miniskirts; cyclamen pink tracksuits and fleece tops with pleated silk georgette front panels.

C’N’C is being produced by Ittierre, which also manufactures such secondary lines as D&G, Versus and Just Cavalli, and the company is projecting sales will hit $140 million in five years

photo and article from wwd :flower:
That's some cool Diesel stuff right there! Oh, wait a minute... B)

ah, faust ... :lol:

at first i was very excited by this idea...i've been a longtime fan of costume and would love to see some more affordable pieces...judging by that last look, however, it's more street than chic and not for me...i'll still be interested to see the collection :flower:

thanks for the info, lena... :flower:

I think its great Costume National is creating a sister label. I agree that Miu Miu is better than Prada (at least for mens) because the line is supposed to be more experimental. Experimental certainly doesnt mean inexpensive or hyped, which has kept Miu Miu rather exclusive (only 2 or 3 stores in the US). Anyways, Im looking forward to whatever Costume has to offer.

I'm having mixed thoughts about this. On one hand I'm a huge fan of Ennio Capasa's designs, but on the other I'm not sure if now, if ever, is the right time for CN to have a diffusion line. Part of the brand's charm lies in that it's not one of the established huge conglomerates out there; it is very much the textbook-definition of a quirky cult brand, and having a diffusion label pretty much goes against that very status.

My other reservation is that while Costume National makes some brilliantly designed clothes, the quality of their assembly and materials leaves a lot to be desired. In their winter stuff, in particular, you'd frequently see sweaters made partially with fibres like acrylic and nylon - materials appropriate in a Gap store, but definitely not at the $500+ a pop that Capasa is charging. That drawback is all the more obvious when you compare his clothes against similarly priced contemporaries like Jil Sander and Helmut Lang, which have both style and substance in abundance. That doesn't paint the brightest picture for a diffusion line, as for sure some measures would have to be taken to cut costs to make room for the proposed 20-30% price reduction compared to the main line. :innocent:

And my final qualm about all this, is the name. "CNC"? Besides being tragically un-catchy, what does the last "C" stand for anyway? :blink:

Originally posted by Orochian@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:20 pm
My other reservation is that while Costume National makes some brilliantly designed clothes, the quality of their assembly and materials leaves a lot to be desired.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: I thought I was the only one who thought that.

Their quality is not great, especially the shoes. I used to like Costume up to two years ago, when I realized that Ennio is basically playing it very safe by rehashing the same slick image. Once I looked in my closet and I saw it full of basics (albeit some quircky ones) from Costume, I said "enough". Their prices used to be way more affordable than a lot of stuff out there, but lately they've caught up with other designers, except that the quality didn't.

Originally posted by faust+Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:57 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:57 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orochian@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 11:20 pm
My other reservation is that while Costume National makes some brilliantly designed clothes, the quality of their assembly and materials leaves a lot to be desired.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: I thought I was the only one who thought that.

Their quality is not great, especially the shoes. I used to like Costume up to two years ago, when I realized that Ennio is basically playing it very safe by rehashing the same slick image. Once I looked in my closet and I saw it full of basics (albeit some quircky ones) from Costume, I said "enough". Their prices used to be way more affordable than a lot of stuff out there, but lately they've caught up with other designers, except that the quality didn't. [/b][/quote]
ditto for both oria and faust :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->