Costume National Homme

Chinorlz

Reaction score
Just wanted peoples opinion on this line... I find their stuff to be quirky at times (a couple seasons ago they had tees with just a single animal printed on the front hahaha), but a lot of the designs are very elegant and simple yet edgy. Reminds me of a lot of Prada (not prada sport) items.

Also, are the Costume National Homme blazers cut slim as well? I'm always on the search for Dior-esque slimcut items.

-Albert

It's been discussed before, but I don't remember in which thread. I used to like it a lot years ago, but then the prices went up without quality justifying the prices. It also became too slick for my taste. Macchiom is a big fan of CN and he thinks the quality has improved recently. CN cuts pretty slim, so yes, I'd put Capasa in the same league as Slimane. However, the coming CN collections look radically different from the collections before. I don't like that at all. You can search Designers and Collections forums for the pix.

yeah the cuts are quite slim i was thinking of buying this black suit jacket from them but after a second look i didn't like it that much, also their stuff is quite expensive...i still like Slimane better though.

thanks guys, I haven't looked at the future designs as of yet. I'll definitely search out some old discussions.

-Albert

I pretty much echo the sentiments of the others. And regardless if their quality has gone up, gone down, or stayed the same, it's still very good.

As Faust has already stated and my closet reveals I’m a big fan og Costume National and by far prefer Capasa to Slimane, though they are both extremely talented.

The prices have gone up in the last years, but, because of the weak dollar, probably more in the US than here in Europe.

The S/S 2005 collection is indeed different from the older collections. But I think the most radical chance is with the women’s wear. The styling in the men’s show and the extensive use of green is indeed new, but the clothes itself looks as slim cut as ever, and despite of the focus on green in the show we will surely see a lot of black in the stores as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->