Courrèges S/S 2025 Paris

This collection reminds me a lot of Ghesquière's early years at Balenciaga and late 90s Helmut Lang with a drop of Demna at the beginning.

I wonder how they did the set piece in the middle. It looks like an ocean wave from afar, but I think it's a glass disk with sand or gravel inside it that's being tilted during the show.

Again, I love it.

Something very early 2000’s in this collection i think. I see the Helmut Lang and Nicolas’s touches both from their FW2004 collections.

It’s maybe here, less fluid and more graphic but it still perfectly executed.

It’s a good collection and there’s something very Helmut about his philosophy: there’s no drastic changes from seasons to seasons but there’s still an evolution.

The cut of those pants is fabulous.

i wonder how easy/difficult it is to layer his clothes to build a cool girl courreges wardrobe. its all very modern and he definitely has a strong pov. I'm not sure how long term his vision is or how far he can bring this aesthetic. But definitely appreciate his work more for courreges than his jpg outing.

I can’t with all these flat textile surfaces, non-colors and cardboard-like drapery… most of these looks feel two-dimensional as a result.

He has a good eye for proportion but the end result lacks depth and warmth.

i wonder how easy/difficult it is to layer his clothes to build a cool girl courreges wardrobe. its all very modern and he definitely has a strong pov. I'm not sure how long term his vision is or how far he can bring this aesthetic. But definitely appreciate his work more for courreges than his jpg outing.
That's the double-edged sword of minimalism: very wide appeal, but easily creatively arid. That said, I'll argue that Di Felice's minimalism relies more on the techincal and utilitarian elements of design rather being purely aesthetical. He can always return to his skillset to find a new sartorial idea, something not many of his more popular peers (Vaccarello, Demna, Sabato, JWA) can do.

Holy sh*t this is the first collection that has truly gained my heart this season. What an incredibly beautiful and well executed show! And the music (Born Slippy by Underworld 😍) made me even more excited about it. It's a whole vibe/aesthetic, guys.

If you don't like Courrèges, you simply don't like nor get minimalism, because it's literally the only brand that gets what it is nowadays, despite the fact many others (The Row, for example) call themselves "minimalist". Nope, quite luxury is not minimalism neither is old money. THIS is minimalism.

That's the double-edged sword of minimalism: very wide appeal, but easily creatively arid. That said, I'll argue that Di Felice's minimalism relies more on the techincal and utilitarian elements of design rather being purely aesthetical. He can always return to his skillset to find a new sartorial idea, something not many of his more popular peers (Vaccarello, Demna, Sabato, JWA) can do.

EXACTLY. Your comments here are always gold. And if this looks like early Ghesquière/Helmut Lang, I'm here for it! I think the man is influenced, but he truly has his own POV. No brand is making me as excited as Courrèges for the past 2 years. (Gotta say I do really like the new Missoni too).

I like the setting not so much the clothes too lifeless for my taste

Lazy (he should push him self beyond self indulgence of his fandom for his fashion hero´s ) and not enough development in fabrics colors and brand product offerings and image is stale already.

Being obsessed with the late 90's /early 00´s minimalist gods does not equal strong point of view.

Being obsessed with the late 90's /early 00´s minimalist gods does not equal strong point of view.

So you are saying he's ripping them off? If so, that's kind of harsh and exaggerated to say the least, don't you think? I think "old fashion gods" can be in a pedestal for a lot of people, but I don't mind reeinvention/reinterpretation. Nothing exists in a vacuum and if you believe in the myth of originality without influences, you believe in a lie. He is obviously influenced by HL, but I don't see any blatant copies of his work. Kurt Cobain was influenced by The Pixies and so was everyone in the 90s post-punk movement, but I wouldn't call Nirvana a Pixies' knock-off either.

I am just saying, this is a type of fashion that is not everyone's cup of tea and it's fine if you don't like it. We all see 'sameness' in the things we don't like, so do I when I see any floral or sequined dress. Perhaps it's better to extend and widen one's own POV than criticizing others'. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->