Cowboy Boots

PoppyAzure

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on cowboy boots? I almost bought a pair but decided to wait. IMO, the look is harder to pull off in the US without comments about going line dancing, going to the rodeo or moving back to Texas :rolleyes:

According to Ralph, the western look is making a comeback, there's a thread somewhere around here.

You're right, they're always going to be more difficult to pull off in America.

I want pink ones :ninja:

Originally posted by PoppyAzure@Jul 18 2004, 11:29 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on cowboy boots? I almost bought a pair but decided to wait. IMO, the look is harder to pull off in the US without comments about going line dancing, going to the rodeo or moving back to Texas :rolleyes:
[snapback]312979[/snapback]​

i totally agree...funnier thing is, i live in texas :rolleyes: :lol:

... i have a pair of beigy/off-white rainbow-embroidered cowboy boots by celine that i picked up at a consignment shop in dallas several months ago that i've yet to wear out in public. i can't wait until fall/winter when it gets colder so i can pair them with the perfect brown tweed pencil skirt... i think i could pull this look off. :unsure:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jul 20 2004, 10:26 PM
... i have a pair of beigy/off-white rainbow-embroidered cowboy boots by celine

whoops! what a dumb***... the boots are CHLOE, not celine :lol: :rolleyes:
what was i thinking?

haha nuiko...you have so many clothes you can't be expected to remember them all... :wink: :P

about the boots...my solution for that is frye boots or flat slouchy boots...work with all the same outfits and have the same feel...but don't feel like i belong on a horse...

it depends..some people can pull it off...I cant and many others cant...

(chris check ur messages)

I love cowboy boots...I inherited a pair of brown 70's boots, the stitching and fit is amazing...and they're not chunky but really slim and wrinkled on the leg :heart:

I cant stop wearing them!!

I want a pair of natural colored python boots, but with a blunt tipped toe for a less hoe-down more urban-cowboy look.

It's a nay for me - not my style - I'm preppy/trendy, so...def. not. :smile:

I like cowboy boots but I'm really pciky. I'd like them to be green, black or burgundy. I like more real cowboy looking, not some lousy lookalikes. B)

What I want to know is how do you wear them and what you wear them with? I have been eyeing a pair of white vintage cowboy boots with gold trimming during my current laspe of fashion sense that want to get but I stop short because I have no idea how to pull them off. :wacko:

I wear mine with little white flippy skirts and this one really cool turquoise strapless musil dress...

but mine are relegated only to white, turquoise and coral colors because mine are kinda colorful.

Hmmm, I'd say wear them with a great pair of boot cut jeans, mabye a bit ripped up, and a white wife beater over a black tank for a layered look add 1 quart oversize shades and you've got instant cool.

i think they would look nice with a dress (sort of gauzy, light dress) jean paul gaultier-like from this season or last season.. i forgot

85_1.JPG

Here are the boots for the visual image of them. The problem is, people, that I live in Texas. I have absolutely no idea how to pull them off without looking like I came straight from hickville. I am so sorry to tag along on this post but I hate making a new post I suppose because I am not quite as confident in my sense of style. So do you think this boots are a no go? I love the simple bronzey detailing on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->