CR Fashion Book #2 : Sergei Polunin by Gus Van Sant

kokurox

Reaction score
dz9nnr.jpg

CARINE EN POINTE: For the past year and a half, Carine Roitfeld has been taking private ballet lessons, which she credits with transforming her body and mental focus. She’s channeled her newfound enthusiasm for the barre into her second issue of CR Fashion Book, conceived around a dance theme. The flip covers feature Ukrainian ballet star Sergei Polunin photographed by filmmaker Gus Van Sant on one and a stylized take on the ballet shoe by artist Brigitte Niedermair on the other. “I’m obsessed with the body of the ballet dancer, obsessed with the music and obsessed with the Russian tradition in ballet,” said Roitfeld. “When you are a dancer, you don’t get money. You do it because you love it. It’s so pure and beautiful — the freedom, the movement, the gestures.”
The new issue, on newsstands in Europe on Feb. 21 and in the U.S. on Feb. 28, offers up features on the American Ballet Theatre, an interview with dance legend Jacques d’Amboise and a séance with the late ballet legend Nijinsky conducted by French ballerina Marie-Agnès Gillot. Bruce Weber has a Miami shoot with reality television star Big Ange and models Irina Shayk and Alessandra Ambrosio. Also in the issue are Gisele Bündchen interviewing fellow mannequin Kiara Kabukuru, a Scotland shoot by Karl Lagerfeld and the first editorial shoot from designer Rick Owens.

The print run for CR has been boosted to 65,000 by publisher Fashion Media Group, up from 50,000 for the first issue last September. The cover price has been plumped up to $20 from $15. The 340-page issue carries about 125 pages of advertising, down from the 150 pages of ads in the debut issue.

“My arch is perfection. But ballet is very tough, you’re never good enough,” said Roitfeld of her own ballerina form. But she takes comfort in the fact that “dancers are very chic as they get older — even the old ladies have beautiful posture.”
wwd.com

In a way I'm thankful she's not taking yoga..

Preview

Rick Owens
2aali0h.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld
29vmdlt.jpg

Bruce Weber
iyh6aa.jpg

wwd.com

Wow the content looks really funny and cool! Excited to see all the full editorials since I really like the models Carine seems to be favoring lately!

In a way I'm thankful she's not taking yoga..

Imagine the Christy Turlington editorial we'd get from that though! :lol:

I never thought I'd see Big Ang in a fashion magazine! Is Mama Elsa going to be in the editorial as well?

tumblr_mgfcax0zLf1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Alessandra looks good in the preview. :wub:

I never thought I'd see Big Ang in a fashion magazine! Is Mama Elsa going to be in the editorial as well?

I had to double-check to see if it's her! Mama Elsa would be flawless in the Bruce Weber ed. :lol:

Great covers!!!!

Previews look amazing !!!!!! But i don't like cover.

The covers look beautiful but they don`t invite me to buy it..

Oh Sergei Polunin, the bad boy of ballet, we get it Carine and Gus you are both so edgy and cool with the rebellious youths :rolleyes:

OMFG! BIG ANG! lol! that's f**king awesome!

Imagine the Christy Turlington editorial we'd get from that though! :lol:

*Please do not quote images*
realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

OMG i will love mama Elsa in the mag♥ Big Ang is also a good choice B)
Im liking this issue.

So strange they would up the price. I think one of the reasons it sold so well was because of the lower price for a high-fashion mag with Carine in charge. Also, strange that Ads are down considering it had to go into a second printing.

So strange they would up the price. I think one of the reasons it sold so well was because of the lower price for a high-fashion mag with Carine in charge. Also, strange that Ads are down considering it had to go into a second printing.

Maybe they did on porpuse to make the magazine more special and since they sold so much the ad price must be higher.

^ That's what I'm thinking, too. More sales, higher profits.

Either way I'm looking forward to the new issue and excited to see Bruce Weber's complete editorial, especially excited about Kiara!

When is it out? I´ll have to get this if only for sheer curiositys sake. Love the covers and the ballet focus seems inclusive (everyone can appreciate at least some aspects of it). And yes, yoga would probably have been a disaster.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->